Best carb set up for my RB30

street_legal

I have an RB30 with a very lumpy cam and want to fit multiple carbs

My knowledge of carburetors is still expanding and I would appreciate any help

Im not looking for outright performance just something interesting to drive

All the research I have done I reckon 3 Weber DGV-32-36 carbs would be a good option

I have a tig so will just make my own intake

I would love to see an RB on SU's - they are cheap, plentiful and a plain simple carb that works well in a variety of situations (and can still be bought brand new for a reasonable price)

In response to your question above - SU's are not matched like pistons ie: by weight/casting or manufacturing uniformity "defects"

As long as the needle, jet and carb size then the only thing you need to worry about if you are going to run a pair of SU's then it is easier to have a left and a right, as the factory mechanical linkage all connects together easier. (As long as you have the carb size the same (which is fixed) then the jet and needle can be replaced with brand new)

I would say if you run 3 SU's then it would check what a universal triple SU linkage kit uses (try redline manifolds for those) and get all lefts or all rights

note - you may be able to convert a left into a right and vice versa by removing the throttle spindle and flipping it but I have never tried nor investigated it to see if it even looks feasible.

TL;DR? summary = run your 2 SU's and make a manifold to suit your RB - will be massively awesome (will find you a pic of SU's running on a 4AGE down here)

WOW that was way easier to find than I imagined

here is a magical tail in cartoon form, the addition of space technology to my starlet

DSCF0962.jpgDSCF0961.jpg

DSCF0960.jpgDSCF0966.jpg

DSCF0968.jpgDSCF0969.jpg

DSCF0970.jpgDSCF0971.jpg

DSCF0978.jpgDSCF0979.jpg

DSCF0984.jpgDSCF0986.jpg

DSCF0988.jpgDSCF0990.jpg

DSCF0991.jpgDSCF0998.jpg

now it starts sweet everytime (so far haha) and i get to not catch the damn bus to work yay!

can anybody see the sweet fuckup i made on the manifold? the best one i mean, not a list