New Year is a-comin. Bitch about tents here.

Chickity

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Depending on if we reckon it's needed or not we can bring a second BBQ. I guess it comes down to if we will have one main area for sitting around, eating, drinking, etc or if Tara and Chris are going to have their own seperate party on the other side of the camp. If we're going to put everything together (presumably in the normal/non dog area) then maybe we don't need two bbqs. We also have a plastic table and chairs here at work that will be going unused.

Is anyone bringing one of those big canvas square tents with proper rooms in them?

I should be able to steal one of those shitty gazebos from my sister assuming it's still in one piece or close to it. In a perfect world I'd bring a couch and a fridge but I don't think we'll have the facilites for those this time.

Aside from that I'll just have the normal stuff like tent, chair, chilli bin, etc.

We'll need to wait till we get there to work out how best to set everything out.

I imagine a fair portion of the time will be spent on the beach. And depending on how the sites are layed out, whether everyone brings a 9 person tent with living annex each etc will determine how it'll work.

If the dogs aren't allowed over where the rest of you are camping, then I'd say that while we're not on the beach or cruising around northland looking at giant snails and light houses we (Chris and I, and Adam + his dog) won't be able to hang out over there 100% of the time.

Tying the dog up in a strange place and disappearing off for hours on end seems a bit mean/irresponsible.

Not so bad at night when he'll be sleeping though.

If it'd be a preference to have a bbq on the other side, let us know, because we probably won't bother to bring ours, the two of us can manage on the gas cooker, and will join in on the bbq with y'all at times.

There is one here at work that we can borrow, yeah. But currently there is no way to get it up there as Ned and I are going in his car. I had thought about getting my trailer a new rego but that's just an idea at this stage. Would def do that if we were taking couches and fridges and whatnot.

spoke to my mate with the folding benches (the 4 seater pop up chair I bought to Ed's) and he has some that he will be selling cheaperer if anyone keen... they are usually like $260 or something, these ones got damp in storage, bit of Febreeze and a scrub and hose off theyl be mint... so he selling at $160 (I think thats what he said) anyway a couple of you's thought it was a sweet contraption so thought it worth a mention... come in storage bag.

Jealous of this camping adventure... no money whatsover at present so cant even think about it : (