1986 Toyota Mark II JZX71 boso/stance project discussion

bosozoku_gx71

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

More bodykit is needed and a lot more low. A lot.

848long.jpg

The only way these styles work is when people stick to the theme and go hard with it, or when they do subtle mods and keep it clean. The middle ground is where stuff looks gay and gets ridiculed and at the moment, thats where your car sits in my mind. You cant make a new style sitting in the middle, you can only do half assed versions of other peoples ideas.

Im sure your car will get better but i'd keep that in mind before you set fire to any more panels.

Well it's ace today you guys have got me motivated, guna spend the day on it, just tidying it up some more, got bits of trim that I've collected for it that will tidy it up abit, god knows what else I'm guna do, it needs to be clean, it needs to be low, it WILL be cool. I know what want it to look like in my head, but it's difficult to create it with fuck all money.

I know what want it to look like in my head, but it's difficult to create it with fuck all money.

Think everyone O.S pretty much is either in this situ' or feels the same way.

(I can't have just ONE :D car to modify so i've gotta chip away slowly at projects. The money's sorta there, sometimes, but gets split 3-4 ways :lol: )

Glad to hear your motivated, and like everyone has said try to be an individual in your styling but use common sense when deciding if its a good idea to mod this, add that etc,

and to not combine multiple 'THATS HAAWWT NOW!' styles,

as mostly the yanks just takes things and over-do them to fuck.

'Stanced out' shit looks cool with the right wheels and guard clearance (read -lack there of) but its getting a bit 'everyones getting on the band wagon' esp in the US

I love alot of examples but sometimes it just looks a little 'hes trying to hard/your doing it wrong' mixing and matching styles -hard to explain.

(for some reason I think tasty X-chassis' are imune(?) - bias :D )

A uncluttered clean look, absolutely on the floor with the mirrors and super wide Japanese alloys would be my pick,

(like ANT, Minimafia, Zeb's etc X chassis examples) but it deffinitely has been done/attempted before.

It depnds if you want to be different to kats already 'shunning the norm', or just quite different to what Joe blogs expects

from your boxy 80's japanese car.

like they say, you can never have too much of a good thing..

Na Doesn't have trim. And yea I'm just guna keep it like that, hence getting rather cose to afording coil overs so I can haz more low. Space the current wheels till I get get some in better sizing n shit. Fender mirrors, get the dents out of the left side, at least get it presentable. Oh by the way I'm guna get more traditional boso pipes made up, two small ones up2 about the bumper, it's not running one at the moment but it's just waaay too loud.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

yeah thats the plan, got a bonnet that i found, just need to get it panel beated/painted, then gong back to steels and hubcaps for a while so i can roll around on decent tyres, going to fix the t series rear end so i can at least get it to new years and sort f series bits. Will look uber cool completly standard just lowered a bit. going to get some factory steels widened to like 9 inch so i can sit it on the ground and do skids etc and have a set of 15" meshies or 01's or something to roll on everyday.

• 2 weeks later...

fuck i can't stand it when guys deliberately mess a car up in an attempt to be cool. Fake patina or whatever it was that you were aiming for is real lame.

Anyways, cool car! will look good on widened steels i reckon. Paint them something 80's like fluro pink/orange.

I have no idea what im talking about.

Just my opinions. They may be dumb.