1986 Toyota Mark II JZX71 boso/stance project discussion

bosozoku_gx71

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey fuck it, the bonnet was rooted, have to try, wasnt trying to be cool. Anyway, new bonnet will make it heaps cleaner looking, and mates are trying to push me into a set of 01's on trademe but for 1200 im not sure with the size they are. I think i would rather spend 1000 on some steels and tyres. Also fuck yeah 80's colours. Any ideas/links?

back-to-the-80s-colours.JPG

6a00d83451cbb069e201157135265a970c-800wi

• 2 months later...

Happy valentines day.

Also, When I see this car, I immediately assume that you also like dubsteb and don't know what sylvanian families are or where 'by the power of grayskull' comes from.

I'm all for doing original shit - hell look at my abortion of a project, but stickers, a bit of deliberate panel damage and taped headlights on a slammed car with a roof-rack just kinda seem like the 'in' shit these days and not so original at all.

I reckon that you should delete all the pics of inspirational cars that you have, and just go out and stare at your car for like a good hour and really think about how you'd want it to look.

Remember that 'stance' (the dumbest fucken term i've ever heard) will go out of fashion, just like dubstep (the dumbest fucken noise i've ever heard) and so if your car is just adhering to what's considered to be the 'stance' look - it really won't age well and you will be constantly trying to keep up with the latest fad.

The irony is - though i'd advise you to do what makes YOU happy - since it's YOUR car, i kinda wish that the whole 'stance' rubbish isn't what you'd want to do. If you do make your car look like another stance-works abomination (described as 'the illest' etc - though that isn't even a word and thus an example of the mass dumbing down of today's youth...) you'll be doing what makes you happy. for that i'd be proud of you, for the resulting car, i'd be disappointed in you!

everyones giving jarrod alot of shit for nothing,

THE BONNET WAS ROOTED HE BURNT IT, IT LOOKS SHIT, WHO CARES SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT IT

tbh he's going in the right direction and its fuckload better than most of the cars people our age drive/think are cool. his ideas don't always work but so what, atleast he's doing shit. good things take time, you shouldn't expect it to instantly look amazing.

take a look at the project threads of any stunning car, they often went through stages when they looked poos, its part of finding what looks right.

not everyone can afford fucking hayashis, so we go for what we can. sure it doesn't look as good as it could but its better than nothing.

although i agree the stickers need to go.

also think steels will look sweet and basically change the car, although paint them the rust and red will look shit.

6843699799_6092bb35a1_b.jpg

also like to point out that stance is basically what boso is all about, its just the japanese were onto it long before europe/america and all them fags. and they did it a million times better imo.

^thats aimed at you mrmcdoll, stance is not a 'trend' its just that america has finally caught on to it, albeit in a rubbish way

Yeah im ditching the stickers, and as for the stance thing im just doing what i think will look cool, ive got a new bonnet to go on, once i get it going again the whole car is going to the panlebeaters to have the left hand side done and pull all the dents out and tidy up the boot where i found some more rust. The wheels will get painted dont worry about that, but its 300 bucks i dont need to spend yet. once i get it going and slammed and tyres then i can paint them. And yeah i didnt think about that ryan, i just threw a post up there now. Basically i just want to get it going, get an lsd or even just lock it for the mean time, and take it out to meremere or somewhere and have some fun.

Bro, don't worry what will look cool, just do whatever you want.

In a few years you will likely look back and be all, sheet son that was some strange pohutukawa i was smoking.

Lock that T series and go do some skid pad days while you get money/time for an F series subframe.

Better living.

Yo man I'm just gonna sell that Cressida as is now, My trans seems to have sorted itself out (magic?) so I have no need for it. No longer have anywhere to part it out, nor the time to do so.

So yeah MX73 with Mark II front end, foglights etc, interior is lush. Car is complete (although now without exhaust..., and ignition barrel, so you can start it with any old key) and was daily driven for a couple weeks not long ago. I think the wof is still current? Best used as parts car, seems to be plenty of people after parts for these so wouldn't be hard to make your money back off it. I paid $700, so I would like $700. Can get photos if you want

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

nice. getting there. Never get linglong tyres man.. they've got really crap performance and your whole car (with a 1jz) is depending on your tyres haha its noisy as F*** and no grip at all.. i think i've got a pair of bridgestone potenzas bout 80% thread here that you can have.... for free... they're 185 55 14 for your rears. 3 years old now...

Not too fussed about the tyres. THey were cheap as, worst case will just do skids, old tyres are usually are usually just as bad. The ones on the wats are sooo sketchy hahaha

Old potenzas will be way better than new linglongs

• 1 month later...