Auckland Boes: Anyone looking for workshop space?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

Bumping this after a long stint of making do.

Myself and Euron8 are in the market for a workshop space, but to make it fly financially I think it needs 3 keen fellows to split approx 100m2

Just throwing it out there to see if anyone is actively looking/keen to tee up

Myself and Euron8 are in the market for a workshop space, but to make it fly financially I think it needs 3 keen fellows to split approx 100m2

Could be keen depending on how much $ it will be.

Does it have to be an even split? Still reasonably keen for something single-car-sized.

Well, just remember what I said over a year ago... supply and demand dictates that pricing remains fairly consistent no matter what, and if anyone's stumbled across the holy grail of cheap lockups surely they would have shared the love by now :P

Unless you get lucky like Shaz Mk II (Carly) who manages to rent an old run down chicken shed out in the wops for next to bugger all that fits about 40 cars (but is on the verge of falling over).

Put me down for 1 car workshop sized area for now.

Alas, te further it is away the less I'd wanna pay.

I shall continue the hunt for sizeable cheaper places.

/Auckland pricing can GTFO

Just convince le wifey to build a Mega Shed of Tara.

Rent out to excessively steve to recoup costs.

Profit

• Like 1

^ that's pretty sweet

Pretty keen to make this work

We have myself, Ed and corbie as interested parties atm - anyone else? We need one other to make a 107m2 place stack up financially (about $45 for an 18m2 spot) or two others at $45 a spot for 23m2 at Henderson

Nah no place lined up, trying to firm up interested parties. 18m2 was the mt wellington place, but something like that 1st link you put up on HVR would be ideal especially price wise, I think space allocations can have pluses and minuses. I am after three spots, two for tiny corollas and one for my whale of a premier

I'm out HVR way this afternoon picking the kids up, I'll see if I can get to check out the first one. 

Other idea; getting a hoist and some basic kit, then 'renting out' on weekends, so keep a clear space for that - stuff can be parked on/under when not in use, as long as it can be moved outside to allow use be whoever is renting and the plus side is subsidised hoist.

If anyone decides to get workshop space somewhere further towards south auckland, i could be interested maybe... well, i sure would be when i move out of my current place with a double garage!

Anywhere between Ellerslie and Drury works for me. West could be an option but probably a bit too far away.

How were you planning on dividing up the space? as you will need a way to get all the cars out at any point in time, and did you want people to have their own workbenches in their own space, or did you want to have a communal space for that? What about tool setup/sharing/stealing? or did you want to do storage only?

Reason i ask is because me and Cam and me and wez looked at workshops together and always found that there wasnt actually that much usable room if you wanted to be able to get all the cars out etc. I for one wouldnt want my car to be blocked in at any point in time and wouldnt want to have to go move it or get someone else to move it when they want/need to get their car out etc.

Just some things that would be nice to have clarification on maybe? I'm keen for workshop space in the (possibly near) future but would depend on how its going to be organised etc.

Wow, that post reads really negative, it's not meant that way at all lol

:)