Auckland Boes: Anyone looking for workshop space?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

All my money is being sunk into getting car and boat up and running ahead of summer so haven't looked too much into this of late. Will likely put my search on hold for the next couple of months, unless Vince you find anything, keen for similar locations as you.

I am moving out of my storage/werkshop unit in St. Johns once my new 98 sqm garage is finished, can always have a werd to the caretaker about potential OS boes moving in?

Is 46 sqm, so has enough space for four cars and lots of junk, or three with ample bench room to spare. Monitored alarm and optional power and all that carryon.

Currently paying $160/wk which is ouch spec, but location is handy. Not so much now that I've moved across town, but still, it's about as centrally located as one can get.

• 5 months later...

So around $100/wk each incl. GST, plus opex, if going thirds?

I could consider mooching maybe one car space to help out.

also, the place out east which I currently rent is still an option for anyone located out those ways. The way things are going with new shed, I should be out of there fully by March.

Sorry to be picky but i would only consider a shed if it was convient to my house.

The further away the cheaper i would want it.

Alarmed is definately key.

I worked that one out at $281 a week incl.

Would be to rich for me with only 2 people.

Cams shed if he leaves it would do me :wink:

There must be another way to find such things.

Like Cam spec shed. shit like that just isnt listed on trademe.

There must be others like it out there.

Where cam spec shed = Standalone biggish double garage on land in front of engineering shop inside secure gated property line.

Didn't he just get real lucky/talk to some guy that knew his boss?

TBH I think a lot of people are being unrealistic when it comes to the expectation of leasing/renting storage space in Auckland for "less than x amount" - the bargains like Cam's shed are few and far between.

are there any other OS members in Auckland currently renting lockups like myself and Cam? If so what are you paying per week for how much space? And why aren't you sharing the love with the rest of us?

I searched for ages before deciding to rent the place I'm in currently when it became clear that I wouldn't find anything convenient to where I was living at the time, secure, and with 24hr access for any less than $150/wk (I'm paying $160). And the fact they have zero trouble finding tenants indicates their pricing is at least somewhat reasonable when compared to market rates.

Failing that, form a trust. Buy some land. Build some 98sqm monstrosities for $50k a pop plus council fees etc. From a landowner point of view I understand there's gotta be a baseline cost otherwise it simply isn't viable.

Sorry to be picky but i would only consider a shed if it was convient to my house.

Was more for the benefit of Vince and/or other OS members out east who happen to be thinking about renting space. But I'm in that hole myself, definitely feeling the pain of being located 30km away from my lockup, instead of 3km when I was boarding at my folks'.

left my tools there by mistake on Friday after pulling the banana apart, fuck driving all the way back out there.

could be keen too xs. how much room do you want/need xs ? what if i have a double garage insay ellerslie that I'm only 1/2 using ? also, chris, you couldn't fit 3 cars in that workshop and leqve room for all of tbem to get in and out properly... thats the problem with the smaller ones we looked at too.

steve: so somewhere like Glen Innes could be viable at a stretch?

Man you guys were quibbling over this same topic over 18 months ago when I was moving all my shit back to auckland. The more jew spec you guys wanna be over pricing the less likely I see anyone leasing space in a hurry.

I know the place you are talking about Ed, and TBH I think it would be far enough from me to make it a pain (I know you have been going there from west auckland though, but I am used to having things a hop skip and a jump away and would like to keep that if possible)

For me though its more a matter of convenience than a necessity - I just have more cars and a boat in my driveway/carport/garage at home, and just leave one of the others at my folks, but it would be nicer to have somewhere to stash one of them - hence why I haven't really looked since I started this thread - and commercial places aren't really viable unless you get a large spot with a bunch of guys and given we are all spread over auckland finding a location to please everyone isn't going to happen.