Auckland Boes: Anyone looking for workshop space?

Something I have been meaning to sort out for a while,

Looking at workshops on TM, for around 50m^2 pp its around $100 per week.

That works out to be a fair bit of space so could look at smaller cheaper options, but obviously better value on the larger units (just means more people)

There are a few sharp 150m^2 units atm.

Happy to pass on info to anyone.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm definitely interested in some space.

Would like enough to store 1 car (probably on the car trailer) and to work on another. I was looking at a double garage just down the road from work yesterday for $80/wk which i guess would be about 30-40sqm but that was a little smaller than i would've liked. For a sweet spot I'd be willing to pay up to $100/wk. I'm also keen to look at live in options but I think the chances of finding something that'd work is fairly low.

I live in Red Beach and work in Kelston so somewhere westy-northy would be best for me. Where suits you best?

Hook up some TM links!

A hundy a week for about 40sq.m is what I am prepared to pay - seems doable if there were three.

Will slam in some of the TM links up, some are south so ignore them I guess, most are north/west

Some in whangaparaoa so close to you, cheapish, and sweet for me for fishing :wink:

Initial impressions... Marua road one sounds pretty mint and mega good price, Onehunga would be pretty mint too depending on what they want for it. Looks like overall price needs to be under 13grand p/a for it to work out when you include the gst (assuming it has to be included? I am noob at this stuff) will keep an eye out but those sorts of areas are perfect for me, a bit west of central would be ok too but not "as" ideal lol.

Yeah you need to add GST to whatever price you see on the tard. You then also need to add the other outgoings which should be limited in our case to rates, body corp fees (if any), power, and insurance (if not included in the lease). Body corp fees and rates can really sting you so it pays to ask what they are before getting too excited about a place. Another cunty thing is a lot of the places where it's a block of units have restrictions on what you are and aren't aloud to do there - often you will find mechanic/dirty work is not aloud.

in that case the price range of Marua road one makes the most sense and it is next to a workshop so presumably they don't give a fuck what is in there lol. In saying that they are only asking for $200k to buy the place haha

also 50m^2 is alot of space pp.. could get more people to keep costs down.. / depends on layout of building ease of moving multiple cars in and out. also group workshop would be good for regular get togethers / mild otp / work on cars together.

rent properties under oldschool.co.nz for tax benefits / not for profit organisation.

yeah, I don't need a full 50 but at that price... assuming it works/is what it says etc it could make sense, and is cheap enough to cover with 3... if more want in or whatever that could be just a bonus? tempted to buy it... needs a bog tbh lol.

Yeah will find out more about that Marua one, easily the cheapest but could be shithouse too.

Corbie is right about 50m2 being heaps, could condense it a bit more but depends on layout. I want to stick my boat in there so would need access to the door ideally.

Yeah will find out more about that Marua one, easily the cheapest but could be shithouse too.

Corbie is right about 50m2 being heaps, could condense it a bit more but depends on layout. I want to stick my boat in there so would need access to the door ideally.

Right here buddy/pal/friend http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =386181828 I may look into purchasing... and keeping as is/chuck in some facilities to make for more pimping w/shop... perhaps a pisser and basin lol... would probably work out for even a bit less than they are asking for the rent but is maybe a bit pie in the sky right now... should check it isn't about to fall down

I had a chat with a mortgage broker the other day about buying commercail properties. Apparently the situ is a lot different than buying residential properties. You need 50% deposit and the longest term they will give you is 15 years. That pretty much ruined my ideas of buying a live-in place. Although I have no reason to think he was wrong it'd pay to double check that.

I had a chat with a mortgage broker the other day about buying commercail properties. Apparently the situ is a lot different than buying residential properties. You need 50% deposit and the longest term they will give you is 15 years. That pretty much ruined my ideas of buying a live-in place. Although I have no reason to think he was wrong it'd pay to double check that.

if it's zoned resedential and/or live in, and you will be living in it, then it should be able to come under a home loan.

^^ concur i looked at buying before i met the mitty,

what gets me down is travelling somewhere to do work on a car and then back home,

ideally the fort would have been ideal if it had an acre of land and a large barn on it,

saying that look around the skirts for a basic house with an acre and slam a barn on it.

check this site www.primecommercial.co.nz

I just like the fact that it is central and price seems pretty right? OS Warehouse/Shed co-operative... cheap to purchase if we go 3rds/4ths in it? decided I need to build a dedicated 4x4... too many things to spend money on/need place to do it lol

I've just nailed down a 36sqm shed for $80/wk in Glendene. It'd be nice if it was a bit bigger but it'll do for now. Has double roller doors and about 60sqm of outdoor gated storage space to go with it. It also includes power and water which is nice. Probably the best part is there's no lease so I can leave whenever I want.

Anyway, I'm still keen on a group workshop - I just need space ASAP. I'm really only interested in places that are north shore or west though as I've had a workshop before and the distance from where you live definitely plays a part in how often you work on your cars.

There's a place around the corner from work (Glendene) which is 275sqm. The agent wasn't totally sure of the price when I called her but she thought it was around $18k pa. Do you guys think this is too big?

Rot808 - are you reading this thread? I thought you might be interested in a home for some of your fleet?