Gaseous Fuels, and Gasoline and Turbos

NaN

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those guys who did the billet block were breaking iron blocks around the mains running 7.6's around 1200hp.

Any UZ's that come close to the 2jz ET's?

interesting, damn good to know, thanks for that :)

Yea, I too am sceptical. It says its 2950 lbs and trapped 200 mph, that works out to a little over 1800 flywheel hp, pretty impressive numbers, but I don't think it was on a stock block, and if it was it wouldn't last long.

Look I'm not saying don't do it, all I WAS saying is be reasonable with your goals, there is no need to reinvent the wheel. If you do like drag racing and seriously want to give it a go, have a look at what works for other people. A hilux diff will last well into the 170 mph trap speeds, and if you really want to chase big numbers get yourself and iron block, big turbos and plenty of giggle gas.

Yea, I too am sceptical. It says its 2950 lbs and trapped 200 mph, that works out to a little over 1800 flywheel hp, pretty impressive numbers, but I don't think it was on a stock block, and if it was it wouldn't last long.

Look I'm not saying don't do it, all I WAS saying is be reasonable with your goals, there is no need to reinvent the wheel. If you do like drag racing and seriously want to give it a go, have a look at what works for other people. A hilux diff will last well into the 170 mph trap speeds, and if you really want to chase big numbers get yourself and iron block, big turbos and plenty of giggle gas.

All I'm saying is: the question was about fuels and gases, and turbos.

Did some reading, 1500hp would kill a lexus block over time (to get the tune right =time) you'd need grouting and girdle, and sleeving, and unobtainum rods,studs,bearings,pistons as well as .. blah blah bugger it I'll just call NRE and put it on the unobtainum credit card :P ( and this weeks lotto winner is .... )

since everyones so obcessed with HP, . .yeah 1k-hp, and a 1uz, .. totally possible.

Vette LS2 is capable of making 1000hp all day.

1uz's are reliable / "streetable" at like 400-450 kw. Any more and you're gonna blow it up.

In saying that a reliable turbo upgrade + cams and exhaust etc running pump 98 will give you that power on a 1uz.

If the Capri is going to spend most of it's life on the public roads - trust me - you don't need more power.

1000hp is a fucking lot of power man.

My daily is not even 35hp.

true story^ .

hardtop i have is 190hp max @ 11psi and is pretty scary to me im actually glad it has lag makes it less powerpole friendly.

i cant even imagine what 500hp in a street car would feel like *well not in a 2+ton car anyway*

I also dont see what you would eventually like to achieve here?

HUUGE power in a old chassis and daily it?

This from a forum posted in here somewhere pretty much sums it up...,

"I ran 17psi for ballpark 650hp flywheel with no apparent problems....except for a complete lack of traction :) "

There is really no point unless you plan to get serious about the 1/4 mile.

Or is wanking on about numbers the motivation?

Ticking up 60K worth of motor from the US seems ludicrous?

I have an ER34 with a built RB25 with 500hp and its mental on boost up in the revs,

back steps out at the top of gears with 265 rears and i've demo'd a fs5r30a (rb25 turbo box) which is supposed to be super strong

and ripped half the teeth of the diff.

Its only on stuff all boost really (16psi), but i cant imagine the need for boost in the high 20s +

which im sure it could handle like a strool through a park.

Point is, in reality even this is silly for a road car.

Fun doesn't really = power in many situations.

Pretty sure that there have been multiple opinions and even some factual answers to the questions in your original post.

TBH what you are asking for is answers to experimental ideas that haven't ever really been fully explored or documented and need a pioneer (perhaps you) to run and report back.

But you guys are arguing the point re a stock block 1UZ containing 45psi of boost - thats a fuckload of boost in anyones opinion - even for 35 seconds - especially for a non turbocharged factory block.

I doubt there is anything you can come up with that hasn't been tried before.

Get the right size turbo(s) or if the turbo(s) are too big use some N2O to help spool them, or use anti lag.