Gaseous Fuels, and Gasoline and Turbos

NaN

E85 is ok but its not practical until its available at the pump

I would rather run straight methanol if we are talking a race car fuel, but its possibly banned on tracks?

AERO_block_test_03.jpg

Billet UZ block, these guys deemed this necesarry and they are under niglewades magical 1500hp numbers. More Hp with billet heads that can flow enough in the future

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

E85 is ok but its not practical until its available at the pump

I would rather run straight methanol if we are talking a race car fuel, but its possibly banned on tracks?

AERO_block_test_03.jpg

Billet UZ block, these guys deemed this necesarry and they are under niglewades magical 1500hp numbers. More Hp with billet heads that can flow enough in the future

why .. why .. why .. would you do that and remove two main bolts from each cap. ... look cool though.

What about running only E85 ethanol mix? You can get sensors for the fuel rail that detect the exact mix of ethanol instantaneously and adjust settings to suit - E85 can fluctuate quite a bit on the exact mix of ethanol:petrol. It would be difficult to tune though, especially for high HP, as I imagine you would need to tune for every fuel percentage possible.

Anyway, aiming for a horse power figure is pretty stupid. Its just a number and it will end up with you chasing your tail and eventually quoting 600hp at the wheels as 1500hp at the flywheel because of drive train lossess etc :lol: I would think you'd be best to just take it step by step. Get the car completed and on the road, then start mucking around with fueling and tuning. It's cool to come up with ideas and throw them around for discussion, but with a car in the shed in pieces and no money, talk of 1500hp is just a waste of time.

wooooah .. that reads like your ... er .. angry ? (1500hp is just a number to frame the concept of high power as being 10x road car power, not a goal to aspire too .. although .... I can get a motor out of the states for 58K USD that's 2000hp and streetable, (NRE nelson racing engines).

why .. why .. why .. would you do that and remove two main bolts from each cap. ... look cool though.

The block has UZ dimensions but is a copy of other proven blown alky billet blocks (of which there are many) for costs they use a main cap from a hemi setup with huge 9/16" studs and 1/2" side bolts. So much more stout than stock its not funny

BAE_design_cap.jpg

Anyway, aiming for a horse power figure is pretty stupid. Its just a number and it will end up with you chasing your tail and eventually quoting 600hp at the wheels as 1500hp at the flywheel because of drive train lossess etc :lol: I would think you'd be best to just take it step by step. Get the car completed and on the road, then start mucking around with fueling and tuning. It's cool to come up with ideas and throw them around for discussion, but with a car in the shed in pieces and no money, talk of 1500hp is just a waste of time.

wooooah .. that reads like your ... er .. angry ? (1500hp is just a number to frame the concept of high power as being 10x road car power, not a goal to aspire too .. although .... I can get a motor out of the states for 58K USD that's 2000hp and streetable, (NRE nelson racing engines).

:lol: angry? Not at all. Was just trying to get the point across that building something to achieve a horsepower number is a strange way of doing things, as opposed to taking things step by step. You have to admit though, it is a pretty crazy figure. For the point of the conversation you could have put 600+hp or something?

Anyway, as you were :D

[building something to achieve a horsepower number is a strange way of doing things, as opposed to taking things step by step.

This, unless you have a big wad of cash building a numbers motor makes no sense for a street car. Maybe if you were chasing ET's in a racing class it would make sence. Otherwise your engine has stock internals? maybe good for 500hp with a good tune, it will then smash every W box you can chuck behind it

I agree, you won't be getting 1500 hp out of a 1uz, a 2/3 uz maybe, but its pretty well established that they crack blocks.

As for trying to re invent the wheel, don't, N2O has been used since ww2, and for good reason, it works. It also has more benefits than just being a powerful oxidising agent, when it breaks down into O2 and N2 it releases a whole bunch of energy from its chemical bonds, which is the main reason why it is so good at spooling up massive turbos at the staging lights.

And as for a hilux not being strong enough...

attachment.php?attachmentid=48118&d=1304570725

I would use E85 as soon as it become widely available here. In Aus it seems as though its fairly consistant at the pump at around 70 % ethanol, and there are many high power cars that just tune to this level and be done with it.

I'm all for having BIG power, but on the street a genuine 400 rwhp will be more than the tyres/road can handle.

http://www.nelsonracingengines.com/engines/ - lots of engines well over 1000hp just pop it on the credit card and it's at your door in a shipping time no issues.

http://www.youtube.com/user/nelsonracingengines < - lots of vids.

- 1000hp 1uzfe.

a quick search on high hp 1uz-fe's revels that the sleeves will crack at some point, some say 800hp, some say 1000hp, generally solved by thicker sleeves and dropped displacement (plus pistons etc, etc).

- http://v-eight.com/tech_forum/viewtopic ... &sk=t&sd=a

pretty expensive work though,

http://www.v-eight.com/tech_forum/viewtopic.php?t=1759 < --- well over 1000hp in a capri even on a 1uz, makes mention that 1800hp is possible.

Yea Like I said, you won't be getting 1500 hp out of a 1uz. I'm not saying that you can't get that power out of something, but just not an alloy block 1uz.

OKE020 has a 2jz and weights 1215 kg in race trim and puts out over 1000 rwhp through a 6k stalled powerglide, I think its probably a pretty good comparison.

Yea Like I said, you won't be getting 1500 hp out of a 1uz. I'm not saying that you can't get that power out of something, but just not an alloy block 1uz.

OKE020 has a 2jz and weights 1215 kg in race trim and puts out over 1000 rwhp through a 6k stalled powerglide, I think its probably a pretty good comparison.

Disagree, it has been done before.

You have yet to prove it. I will eat my words if you can show me a 1500 hp 1UZ. That is, 4l with an alloy block. I don't doubt you can get the uz family to those numbers, but it will be a 4.7l iron block. There is a mighty big difference between 1000 and 1500 hp.