Rose Joint Life

zep

Kinda, SKF closed, and then the company I work for now became an SKF distributor. Damon (Dirks old boss) told me he cant get them cheaper than the places listed above. The ones Dirk was talking about are probably just run of the mill std ones. If you could find out the brand those places sell, i'm sure you could bring them in for cheaps, now would be a good time to do this.

You absolutely need automotive grade ones, not industrial grade ones. All the ones with grease nipples are industrial and won't last in a car.

Get teflon lined ones if you're worried about clunking and play. They take way longer to wear out so they dont transfer as much noise to the car. Also, with rose joints you pretty much get what you pay for. Try and go for a reputable brand. Aurora and FK and two of brands that I have used. Aurora would be my pick of the bunch.

Kendalls is LONG gone i think. They used to be just down the road from my house but it disappeared at least 5 years ago. Cardwells is on William Pickering and do American race gear. They are not cheap by any stretch of the imagination. If someone knows of a good source of reasonably priced teflon lined rose joints in NZ i'd love to hear about it.

http://cardwells.co.nz/Our_Brands/QA1_S ... Id/41.aspx

+ 1 for getting good teflon ones first time.

The ones in my car have been raced on for over 10 years (and haven't had an easy life) and I'm yet to notice any play in the joints... They're standing up better than the body has!!!

You can end up spending a few hundred to get the right ones though.

Just roll with noisy ones until you replace it with a 4-link then..

A: won't be an unnecessary expense

B: will motivate you to 4-link it faster

C: I have no other reasons

AFAIK noisy RJ's don't mean its poked - you need 2/3rds of fuck-all play to be retardedly noisy - especially in a caged car with no sound deadening

However if it worries you then check for play in them indivdually and if its a noticeable amount of play then replace the one or two that have play.

The four link will be like 7 times the price of replacing the joints...

Rose joint life.

How long is it going to be till you do the 4 link conversion? Realistically the cost and effort needed to change the existing rod ends probably isn't worth it. It's not like there isn't a thousand other rattles, cluncks and vibrations that help to mask it :)

When you do get the 4 link make sure Tony uses good quality joints though. Like truenotch says - if you get decent ones then they last forever.

• 9 months later...
You absolutely need automotive grade ones, not industrial grade ones. All the ones with grease nipples are industrial and won't last in a car.

Get teflon lined ones if you're worried about clunking and play. They take way longer to wear out so they dont transfer as much noise to the car. Also, with rose joints you pretty much get what you pay for. Try and go for a reputable brand. Aurora and FK and two of brands that I have used. Aurora would be my pick of the bunch.

Kendalls is LONG gone i think. They used to be just down the road from my house but it disappeared at least 5 years ago. Cardwells is on William Pickering and do American race gear. They are not cheap by any stretch of the imagination. If someone knows of a good source of reasonably priced teflon lined rose joints in NZ i'd love to hear about it.

http://cardwells.co.nz/Our_Brands/QA1_S ... Id/41.aspx

I'm not sure what a good price is, but I'm currently dealing with Waikato Bearings Ltd who can supply FK rod ends and spherical bearings. Rough price seems to be around $40 for a run of the mill, automotive grade teflon coated rose joint or spherical bearing in an average size, which doesn't seem too bad. Price goes down if you order a decent amount of gear.

http://www.fpp.co.nz/home.aspx <<<<<<

these guys do F.K. rod ends got half of mine through them and at a good price. they could also supply pillow balls and all that sort if gear also at a good price.

also had these guys http://bslracing.com/parts/accessories make up all 6 if my trailing/watts likange arms for a good price. all chromoly tubing and rod ends labour the lot for under $600.

...........................^^^^^mt wellington/ sylvia park^^^^