Beaver's '78 Two Point Five S

Snoozin

Looks so so so sharp.

Mine pinks under load too and timing is set right.... this is on 95, I haven't tried 98 as yet.

Got a pic of the carbs? I'm unfamiliar with what emissions ones should look like, mine are HS6's lifted off an S but don't appear to have any hoses aside from fuel inlet and the breather pipes... keen to see engine bay as a whole also.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive put in through a few tanks on 98, does help a bit (so try to run it on 98 all the time now).

Ill get some pics of the carbs and engine (nothing pretty, needs a good clean haha). basically instead of the rocker cover breather going straight into the carbs it goes through a carbon filter trap thingy, and has a breather to the fuel tank and all this other shit. also has return/vacuum lines on each fuel bowl that go into the same filter device thing. its all for emmisions and shit though so will bin it all when I get some other carbs.

• 2 weeks later...

ive just scored another set of carbs (thanks rxsumo) which dont have the emisions shit. cleaned them up last night so will hopefully stick them on this weekend, and remove all the unwanted/needed junk.

guna stick with the auto for now, keen to just drive it as much as possible so dont need any excuses to take it off the road. keen for manual one day though. wil see

the tyres on there now are pretty poked, so is good motivation to get new ones. and after seeing joes volk mesh with nice 185/55s on them, my mind is made haha. pay day next week so am hunting around now for some bargins

• 2 weeks later...