Beaver's '78 Two Point Five S

Snoozin

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

kk has some which I might jam on until I sort some proper ones. Just noticed one of the valve holes is fucked from the weld being too close and has burnt the hole out. I doubt the valve would hold air

wont have time to take them back during the week which is a bummer

Hate? Nah, current wheels are sweet. Just think these will suit the car more, plus you can't beat decent width and offset. I think where they sit is good. I'm having a hell of a time getting my Commodore to sit low on it's wheels. Wish I'd reined in the rears by a 1/2 inch now.

yeh I decided it was easier to get them made so I now 100% they will fit, rather than wider and 75% sure they will fit (which knowing me they wouldnt have hah). also not keen to attack guards on it, would be a shame to ruin such a straight body.

but yes, they should be sick as aids

Fuck yeah, great success! So that's 8.5" in the rear eh? Swallows 8.5" so easily even considering the chopped off spec wheel arches.

I reckon silver like a TR6 wheel will look perfect.

PS: do OD manual conversion, the autos hold these things back so much and you'd kick yourself for chucking in the non OD box. It's seriously fuck all work, just need to get in the mindset to suss it. Over a weekend.

Undo the gearbox crossmember, and swing the motor down off the front engine mounts (let it hang). I used a ratchet with enough extensions attached to make the distance to the bolts. The top two are just nuts on studs which is handy otherwise it'd be a cuntingly difficult thing.

Paint the wheels a dull silver - will look closer to factory and so much more blingin..

Also - good decision on the auto - its a highway cruiser not a speedway bruiser.

But do keep the parts in case you ever want to do the change but TBH I wouldn't bother.

(I'm not sure when I can but at some point we should whip out the brown O/D box and chuck in the 4 spd so you have the O/D in stock in case you do decide to change)

So thats from under the car/ gearbox end?

Yup, ended up undoing all of them from the back. Just support the box on something.

KK, the OD manual is the better cruising box by far, revs drop at least 500rpm at highway cruising speed, economy is better and it's just an overall nicer experience.

• 1 month later...