Best thing to de-crud a cooling system?

RUNAMUCK

Can anyone confirm if any of the cooling sytem flush stuff actually works or not?

My A31 shitfiro has a really crap filld cooling system. A while back i had the radiator cleaned out, and new tanks fitted. As well as taking out the whole dashboard, and pulling the heater apart to fit a reconditioned heater core too. (That was a fucking cunt of a job!)

Anyway fast forward a couple of years, and my once epic heater is now shit again. It's begining to get cold here, so I need it to be epic again.

I pulled the hoses off and ran the garden hose through the core both ways a few times, and through the block via the heater hoses both ways a couple times too. Now the heater is a bit less shit. But I want it to be meke as.

So whats the best shit to use to clean the shit out?

I would remove thermostat, run it up to operating temp then dump some of the soda crystals in. I would probably use about quarter of a cup.

then let it circulate the system for about 10 mins so they dissolve and get everywhere in the system.

Then stop it and leave it overnight.

May even do that twice.

With the t/stat out, it wont be able to reach temprature.

Also is that soda shit safe for aluminium radiators?

good question bout the radiator.as for not reaching temp in the vehicle im trying it on,it boils water after 10 minutes of gentle driving so i think it will reach operating temp,lol

good question bout the radiator.as for not reaching temp in the vehicle im trying it on,it boils water after 10 minutes of gentle driving so i think it will reach operating temp,lol

My car doesn't overheat, it's just the coolant is a really crappy colour, and my heater isn't as warm as I'd like.

to be honest you can't beat a good tank off clean out and if you have an alloy ptr (plastic tank rad) a clean out shouldn't cost much more than 75 bucks, well thats what i charge anyway, in this case I'd be getting one of those flushes from repco and putting it through then taking the rad out for a tank off flush. however I've never had experience with these crystals however would be dubious about them eating the tank seals

I have used that radiator flush stuff you get from repco on a car I wasnt too fussed about before, and shit a lot of brown came out. Worked a treat! Basically you warm the car up, tip it and run the engine for 30mins to an hour. I actually just left it in overnight and drove it too and from work.

Only costs like $10, cant go wrong. So much brown crap came out it stained the driveway for months.

have you tryed pulling the thermostat out and just putting a hose in the top of the radiator and running water through the engine and out the top radiator hose (thats disconnected at the radiator) until the water runs clear?

also, you might find that moving all that rust out could cause leaks

you can leave washing soda in for as long as you like, ive had washing soda in my car for about 9 months, the whole system is clean as with clear fluid.

the washing soda is of weak concentration, i wasnt sure it even did anything to my cooling system, maybe the system was minter than i thought haha.

have you tryed pulling the thermostat out and just putting a hose in the top of the radiator and running water through the engine and out the top radiator hose (thats disconnected at the radiator) until the water runs clear?

also, you might find that moving all that rust out could cause leaks

I did flush the block via the heater hoses with the garden hose on full.

I am leaning toward trying the shit in a bottle.

Driving to work today, the heater was better. But not as sweet as it was when I first had the two cores cleaned out. I bought the engine off a bogan from rangiora, and used antifreeze and shit. The shite must have come from inside the engine me thinks.

If it hasn't been there that long then you wouldn't think it would be that hard to get out....

Taken the radiator out and cranked the hose through it while jiggling it around to get the water into all locations? Do this if you want your neighbours to give you strange looks.