3y + sc14?

HighLUX

I know there near bulletproof as it is and they have a low comp ratio but would boost be a good idea?

Was thinking a sc14 with 3y injection gear from a surf and a megasquirt to run it.

Would be going into the hilux with the s/c running off a switch, will the intake happily draw through the s/c while its not running or adapt the bypass valve that comes with most sc14 to be open while the s/c isnt switched on?

hmmm I don't think its a great idea. my flatmate has a 3y hilux and its a total piece as far as the engine doing anything goes

while a supercharger will help it's an exercise at polishing a turd. unless you have all the stuff for free and infinte spare time I wouldn't bother.

Yeah a 3y is a slug but I would like to improve on its lack of performance to atleast some performance. I would go with an engine conversion but its my daily driver so taking it off the road for any length of time isn't an option.

Have access to a well equipped to make s/c brackets and whatnot

turbo if your going to boost it. turbo will piss all over a sc** at same boost. even on a wet blanket engine

yea, but they sound soooo sick a. listen to this

ha, half the reason i took mine off.

as this sounds better

than this

although it did do better skids

I don't want to steel ya thread but i've got a 2wd hilux with a 4y it has good amount of power and tow up hills in top gear no worrys but i was thinking bout giving it a bit more just for the hell of it :twisted: i don't want to do engine swaps or anything just bolt on power upgrades what would give me good gains? turbo, supercharge carb upgrade need best bang for buck

26196_366506996569_679246569_4364330_4155046_n.jpg

Welding up a turbo manifold would be too much for my very limited engineering experience plus theres heaps of room on the drivers side of a 3y to mount a sc14 and having boost from idle is what a ute needs to get it moving IMO

Also considering an SC option here.

L20B + SC12 on some type of carb. It can only be a good idea, surely?

Do it!!!!!!!

I heard of a guy who had a pinto in viva with an S/C14 with a holley 600 on it. reportedly it would try to go sideways in 3rd gear when the blower was driving.

i500GT is all amped up to SC14 one of his collection of pintos after riding in my SC'd car.