Nick's pimptastic ute of mid-mounted awesomeness

fuel

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thats pretty sik! i seen a single pic of the 'naked' aventador on facebook, but its better to see all the bits. id love to set up a low slung car body on my chassis when im done, which would sort of look like that, but have it interchangable so that i could swap it on for track days or whatnot. im not sure on the details yet, other than i think it would be a good laugh. maybe even just get something like some s15 aftermarket fibreglass doors, bonnet, guards and bumper and do a sort of windscreen-less roadster car-ute sorta thing haha.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

thanks guys :D

sheepers, yeah man let me know when you'll be in welly if you're heading by these ways.

Dell'orto, yes it is, I got the model that comes with the linisher already attached, as i got sick of always using my flap disk after cutting stuff lol. im loving my new tools, makes life so much easier :D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

thanks guys! yeah i'm stoked to get it to this stage, and that the airbag system is working out. the frame was only tacked before and actually broke in half when i cut some of the welds to tweak it flat (it had bent a little from all the welding in the back for the rear bag mounts) haha so i got it on my new chassis table and flattened/straightened it out again, then welded it up good and tight to hold the air. it looks like a fairly complete vehicle but tbh there is still a tonne of work to finish it, and many parts that i'm going to replace before driving it, so maybe another six months if i can keep finding money and time to throw at it :) it'll get there eventually.. haha