• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lawl authorised electrickal work??? :P and sound could use improvement in vid

minor critiques - ignore me XD

awesome stuff! loving it have been watching since day 1, video man is on another forum I frequent

Mid mounted Mazda Minitruck :)

is that a CS member as well?

Haven't been on here for a while, but just saw this made it onto CS! That's my flatmate's build, which is why my car is in the background. I'm shooting/editing/helping with the build. We just got back from the Four and Rotary nats, stay tuned for more episodes!

http://www.youtube.com/pimppalacecustoms

haha yea, i see his channel has the most subscribed this month, & most views in NZ this week/month. Bloody good vids, funny guy!

Does he have an actual job??

Haha glad you're enjoying the vids, We are stoked on how many people are watching and subscribing!

Yea he works in manufacturing improvement, but he has had two weeks annual leave to go hard on the truck... It's all going to slow down a bit now he has to go back to work, but hopefully it will be show AND track ready for the 4 and Rotary North Island Jamboree in March!

Then there are some more plans in the pipeline. We will continue to post videos to keep everyone in the loop!

hehe talking about ya!

bring on March and see ya at Manfield!

• Like 1

haha well not quite... ;)

fully stoked on making it to that site though, im a big fan of both speedhunters and build threads, so it was a bit of a double whammy for me! :D

JoKer,

yeah, i did the electrical work myself, dont tell my landlord or my insurer... :wink:

haha na, ive got a family friend whos an electrician and i checked everything with him and hes looked at it and signed it off, so its legit as.

and the sound is shit cos its a brand new camera and my flattie didnt know he had his fingers over the holes for the microphones... :rolleyes::lol:

hahaha yeah could ya tell we faked that skulling? ;)

im actually not doing any welding on the chassis for at least another few weeks, until i finish the cantilever design, engine placement, engine mounts, bag mounts, shock mounts, header design (or space requirements), and im also gonna do custom top rear arms too. part of the reason for waiting is that im also considering getting the big bits (or maybe everything) cad'd up and waterjet cut. it'll take a bit longer but i think the result will be worth it if i go that way.

cheers

nick

would be cool to just make it look like the utes carrying the engine not using it as the powerplant. Just a thought probly a dumb idea :rolleyes::?:P

haha not a bad idea at all! it seems great minds think alike, check out my initial plan...

http://forums.minitruckin.co.nz/viewtop ... 2&start=60

the way im going with it now though im going to go 'full show' with it and it'll look much better this way i think :twisted:

no plan for a wellside at this stage, mainly just due to the extra cost and work involved. also flatdecks are pretty rare on show trucks and it'll look more oldschool i reckon with an old wooden setup. haha and it'll look mad seeing all the shiny stuff underneath... :D

Hahahaha just found this from your first post on Minitruckin

The plan is to get it road legal, do some subtle mods and then use it as a daily driver. I would love to go to town on it, but I've already got one of those 'never ending' projects. I've been building an old bmw up (hence my username) and 8 years going it still isn't road legal. The rule I've made myself for the B1600 is I won't do anything that needs to be certed

No cert needed for this then i take it? 8)

hahaha yeah, no need for a cert for this build aye, cos in all reality it will probably never be finished.... :lol:

and sorry to hear I'm not your type :(

haha seriously though, i have been thinking im on it too much (hence the last video). trust me, im gonna do my best to increase the "babe:me" ratio :wink:

• 2 months later...

In the vids - I reckon 50/50 ratio of talkies/humour to car stuff would be awesome - the episode when you cut/karate chopped the front off the truck was pretty sweet in ratio -

I'm slightly biased ratio towards the talkie/humour part though cos it makes me smile like a retard at christmas..

Some static shots of the details and posted on your build thread would be super duper too.

In the vids - I reckon 50/50 ratio of talkies/humour to car stuff would be awesome - the episode when you cut/karate chopped the front off the truck was pretty sweet in ratio -

I'm slightly biased ratio towards the talkie/humour part though cos it makes me smile like a retard at christmas..

Some static shots of the details and posted on your build thread would be super duper too.

haha tbh the target ratio is 25% build, 25% random, 25% funny and 25% babes :lol: it varies in each one though, so average it over the whole build ;)

ive thrown some build pics up on facebook, but not on forums

https://www.facebook.com/pimppalacecustoms?sk=photos

cheers

nick

Hey nick

are you going to turb it for real? i saw some ITBs on one of those stuck in a rolla, sounded insane, but if your running a deck on the top then cant have the tubes stickin out unless you make a hole. You could still go for the turb and itbs with a plenum thingey but raw NA will sound mean, and the stuff needed for the engine etc i guess with be under the front hood? heres the link of one for example

rob

hi Rob,

now that ive built the bulk of the exhaust manifolds im pretty committed to going turbo with it, cos they poke forward toward where im going to mount the turbo up in front of the motor (about a foot from my head haha). i probably wont run a deck cos the motor would fully stick through most of it anyway, and i want everything visible (and its not going to be carrying any loads). on the itb's, they're pretty cool and i actually bought a pair of 4age setups about five years back to put on my 1uz bmw, but changed my mind cos to use them you've gotta shell out for the adaptors, linkages, bellmouths, and sock filters to make them work. with the 1uz built for luxury cars, the cams aren't really suited to big power n/a, so to get the best of itb's you've gotta buy four camshafts too, which adds up horrendously. to do that and build a plenum and run it with a turbo would take way more time and money than ive got at the moment, so im just going to run the standard intake (although the one ive got has had a lot of mods done to it to clean it up and its fully polished). the oem throttlebody is massive too, so on a boosted motor, itb's probably wouldn't make too much difference to the power anyway. cos of the box im running, it'll be beneficial to not have huge amounts of power, so it'll be a low boost, 'low' power tune on purpose (~400hp).

cheers

nick

• 1 month later...
Looking good nick, got a deadline for completion?/finish it for OS Nats 12

thanks. the target is to be fully 'done' by the 4nRota nats in jan. ive got a week by week plan of stuff to get done from now till then and its gonna be pressing it but i think its possibly achievable if i can keep putting time and money into it.