The offroad thread!

DodgySam

I daily drove my 4x4 Delica with M/T's and they were a bit noisey and perhaps wore down a bit quicker than A/Ts on the road, but the staunch look and the ability to go off-road without crappy A/Ts was worth it.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

body lift = cert

up to 2" suspension lift = no cert...anything more = cert...

new rules same shit, more money to someone else...

absolutely BS.... im gonna get a wof then lift goes in...fuck the man...

My channel, full of all kinds of 4wdey goodness: http://www.youtube.com/user/SP450andLE

Our club's channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/NorwestOHVclubInc

Wait! I know you... did you get the truck sorted after the weekend's shennanigans? (Del Fuego from ORE/ D/cab navara from the pig farm lol)

Oh, wow. Small world! :lol:

Nah, had to get it towed home, and haven't had a look yet. Engine bay was full of mud, but it's a bit cleaner now. I'll try see what the problem is tomorrow, and probably get a new accelerator cable soon...

The lawn at home is more like a swamp now :lol:

You assessed the damage to the various body panels yet? :wink:

Yeah, panel damage is minimal/will get a new rear door if I see one floating around just for when it is sale time perhaps. more urgent problem is the water escaping from the front of the water pump, looks (I'm guessing) like it has blown a seal which is odd as it didn't get hot till I got to the gas station to air up the tyres... gah.

I think I need a dedicated off roader, maintaining this one as my daily and hammering it off road may be expensive and disruptive to my life... need a cheapie trailer/dolly queen I think.

and I know you have seen this already but for the others... another vid from sunday

51S2swRYW74

Guy who does my legit warrants says no cert needed for lift blocks 50mm or less. gotta put the standard leaf shackles back in the rear and put the 30s on and she'll be all good for a wof.

Anyone got hookups on flares? just bought another set of 3 inch rubber flares for the front. $100 for 2 seems expensive even at trade

Yo Tom, do you daily drive your jeep? with muds or AT's?

yeah have been dailying the jeep - not really by intention, just haven't got the new radiator sorted for my delta yet. I've got some old style desert duelers on it which are fairly aggressive for an A/T and supposedly super hard wearing.

1286533417_127031791_2-BRIDGESTONE-DESERT-DUELER-31-X-105-X-R15-Quezon-City.jpg

the silvertone mt117-extremes I've got are too extreme to daily/not that hard and would get worn out quick on the road/33's are heaps bigger than 31's and would guzzle a fair bit more gas if thats even possible.

oh lol i just got a portable compressor thing that came with some of those. should turn up tomorrow.

dropping pressures makes so much difference. I always thought it was a bit of a wives tale eh.

but my god.

also, had my wheel alignment checked. tis within spec camber wise, so the guy made sure the toe in was set up nicely (was toe in a little too much). hopefully these muds don't end up with epic burnt off edges like the a/t's did.

hmmph

yeah, makes a massive difference! had a handheld guage/deflator thing which was good but takes 8 years per tyre... wanted a set of these to try out and figured would bring a few in to flick off at the same time to offset the price:)

yeh. I'm running alloys and tubeless still so can't go tooooooo low, and can't leave deflators on because they'd get knocked, but it should be choice to have some coz usually I just deflate them before I leave home hah and it takes forever... can't wait for mine to turn up.

also, you got a compressor to blow yours back up? I've got one of these coming

http://www.4wdbits.co.nz/ProductDetails ... uctID=3856 which although slow to pump shit back up, will be choice.

shame my a/c still works (and I enjoy using it) coz otherwise I'd be playin' round with a/c compressor powered on board air like a bauwse. plus there's no room to mount another engine driven compressor.