DodgySam

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5410541837_47c6f6a356_b.jpg

what we call the ingot farm/half of my backyard

my heap, and my flatmates two v8 franken4x4s - suzuki with not much suzuki left has hilux diffs, leyland p76 4.4 v8 and a bunch of other stuff. and HZJ70 swb safari top cruiser with supercharged LS2 running megasquirt. unfortunately havent really taken them out anywhere for a while as my flatmate has been away with work most of the last year

• 2 weeks later...

This is my used and abused L300. Only mods are Hilux wheels with 31x10's which required some ahem.. "adjustments" with a big hammer to stop them rubbing at full lock. And a cheapo-chinese winch.

wtfami.jpg

The motor is a very old and stuffed 2L SOHC (330ks) I would say it uses more oil than petrol, but that might be impossible considering the gas consumption.

(yes it desperately needs repowering but I'm too poor at the mo)

Other "un-mods" are a hose-out interior (no carpet or mats) and a LF hub that randomly tries to engage 4wd at hwy speeds!

180923_10150090942408789_728053788_6251608_6600700_n.jpg

Got this surf wee while back. It is/was my daily driver.

I threw some cheap sounds in it, raised the front a bit, currently making longer shackles for the rear. Might body lift it too.

In the process of painting it, canopy will be gloss black. Will make up some oversized front and rear bars when I get around to it. Put the 33s and 15x8s on the other day so will have to sort some flares for it. Wheres the best place to get them?

Wouldn't mind getting rid of the police-pursuit-unfriendly carby 3Y for a commy V6 or something but in no rush.

• 2 months later...

my fresh purchase...will it up next month, then roady to the fieldays then back home...1200km trip, el speedo el disconnecto..

its a 92 ln130 with a 2LT efi model with a 5 speeder...has had new shocks and tyres not long ago..but want some muds for it..

it features no carpets,no stereo...

plans:

tyre upgrade

snorkel

winch

cd player atleast

body lift maybe

big bore so the turbo breaths better and no head cracking, or less of...

not bad for 2K, has a wof and reg and ruc.....win

806361110359180.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

im sure its had a lift,front may get another inch if the bumpstops allow it..

dont think these have diff locks...front diff will get locked up though, manual free wheelers-win..

rear i might get a proper locker for it once i get some coins saved...theyr only about $550 for a locker kit..

i really wanted a d/c solid beam,but you pay massive $$$ for what ya get..

i could just end up fitting a solid beam into this if i had to,but it should all good for mild tracks

oh...locker may be the first thing to be done if the common issue of pinion bearings start to fuck out..

real common...just a mad vibration through the driveline.....i wouldnt be surprised if this has a vibe going on..

its sold unseen,so its like a 50c mix,not sure what im getting...split for parts its still worth over 2k..

so meh,im still stoked regardless...lets drive it...

OS 4x4 nats??lol

anyone interested in a set of 36"s??

36"x12.5x15" Super Swampers...5 of them.

They are all basically brand new. Four have had the middle blocks professionally hand cut, which makes them perform better, and are on Black 15x10 Mangle Rims. They have only been out on two short runs with no road work. The Fifth is brand new and on a white 15x8 Mangle rim.

Here is a link to 4WDBits website who bring them into NZ. They dont have the 36" tires listed but have the 33's (which are cheaper than 36's) at $600 per tire ($3k for 5):

http://www.4wdbits.co.nz/ProductsList.a ... egoryID=22

Plus the rims at $143 each ($700 for 5):

http://www.4wdbits.co.nz/ProductDetails ... uctID=1310

Plus fitting and the cost to hand cut them would make cost of replacement over $4k for this set up with 33" tires - and mine bigger and more expensive!.

file0034c.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us