Anywhere on the net i can find information regarding WOF's

R100

After recently failing a WOF i told the guy he was a dickhead and jumped in my car and drove off. He failed me on some dumb shit and i want to check the rule book so i can go back and tell him how even gayer i think he is.

Long story short, ive been going to the same place for over 10 years, they now have a new WOF issuer who is a cock. I also told them, if your going to fail me do not put it in the system because ill go somewhere else. I then find out the dick put it in the system that it failed.

Include in the list of dumb shit is,

No reverse lights.

Windscreen washers not working.

Exhaust too loud.

Car is a 1965 VW beachbuggy and has never had reverse lights, windscreen washers and exhaust has been on there for the past 5 years.

Far as im aware 1965 VW never had reverse lights and you do not need windscreen washers on a vehical made after 1992.

As for the exhaust.... it sounds the same as it did every other time ive taken it for a wof, it sounds like a VW.

Any help would be good.

it shouldn't have failed for no reverse lamps, as for the washers are they there but not working? if so if they are there they have to function. try this link here - http://www.nzta.govt.nz/resources/virm- ... ation.html

Excellent info thanks. I did have a search on the net prior to posting my thread but obviously didnt look hard enough.

Yes my buggy has windscreen washers but they have never worked. Looks like i can get around it by either;

1. Fixing them or

2. Removing them altogether as my car is pre 1992.

Still looking through that website now.

Cheers

Pin and compressed air into the washers, unless the whole system doesn't work then no point it being there. Been failed on that before, its there so it has to work. The fact you have got through before is more good luck rather than a change in the rules.

As for the exhaust, they are getting tighter and tighter on that. Only because people are dicks and run around with super loud exhausts. Partners car used to never get a mention, now each time they moan more and more about it. Just the way things are going sadly. Thank people that think putting fart cannons on their cars and driving around like idiots for that. :evil:

I stopped going to a WOF place as they failed partners car on a small part of a sticker being just outside of the 100mm outside edge of the window. (bottom corner rear screen, so hardly an issue). Was almost on first name basis with them too due to taking so many cars there a year. Told em not to send me any more reminders as they just lost a customer over a sticker. It had been there for years :rolleyes: Yes its a fail, but we are talking 10mm over the 100mm zone...

i had a dude try to fail me on having clear indicator lights on the front of my mini..

FFs thay are factory, then he couldn't get his head around the fact that it runs a dual filament bulb in it to do indicator and park light..

Muppets. need more wof inspectors that actually know about old cars etc.

I fear i'll be in the same boat for loud exhaust, no rev lights and window washers at my next WOF check..

I just thought since i have been going there for 10 years they would be a little more lenient with me, especially on petty stuff like window washers. They also said my wipers need to work better. They actually work fine, even tho they are nearly 46 years old ! What is even more ridiculas is that its an open top beach buggy that NEVER gets taken anywhere in the rain. If it did start raining the 25cm tall windscreen with 20cm long wipers would be the least of my concerns.

I guess ill stop moning, fix the washers and weld a washer into the exhaust pipes. Get my wof and shut up.

I think WOF places have found a bit of a cash cow with wiper Blades.

Everything time i take my car for a warrent it fails on wiper blades, that are 6 months old and have only been used most likely 10times as i only do about 1k per 6 months.

Last time i was there i noticed they had a big box of blades behind the counter so they can sell you new ones.

(they also failed it on the rear seatbelts were under the seat)

Yeah that does suck R100, and i know what your saying when you go somewhere for 10 years, especially when its the same car. Seems like a Joke, Especially when it comes to old cars. VW's sound like vw's fuck the motor is in the back for petes sake (not you rep)

So yes I feel your pain, when i was in the classic trade I must have spent so much time installing eletric washer motors on old BMC shit to get wofs

Allan

there is lots of information on line, i think you can even read the virm and yes some inspectors can be difficult to deal with but after being chased out of the local dairy by two young hoods who i failed for too low too loud and other things, unless your a regular i will enforce all the rules. being an inspector is a pain in the ass, people forget that we have to answer to someone and can loose our issuing rights as has been close for me during an audit for small mistakes, its not hard to check lights etc before a wof, the inspector that you got just needs to chill a bit and think things through by the sounds of it

• 3 weeks later...

Every WOF i've gone for in the 205 has ended a screaming match between myself and the various testers... Car's too high compaired to cert plate, wheels are too small (factory wheels not the aftermarket ones on the cert plate), exhaust too loud (parked facing the buildings wall taken at a 45 degree angle at .5m away), plastic windows (on auth card), targa windscreen banner not transparent then after showing them in the manual it's a sticker it was 3mm too long and failed on that... those are just some of the arguments... everytime it's something... The car's nice and tidy not some scrapping on the ground held together by cable ties and duct tape drifter wantabe special...

I hate / dread taking it in for a WOF. Anyone know anyone in auckland who is racecar friendly for WOF's?

Ohhh and WOF testers who screw around with my brake bias valve grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....