• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
How's that trim removal coming along?

i pulled one of the little end caps off to check out the paint underneath, and it looks as though the glue/adhesive has reacted with the paint and eaten into it. it didnt get any better after the cut n polish today. so i think ill leave it on for now, would hate to pull it off and be left with hideous marks down the sides. quite gutted, as i hate them. unless you can recomend something to try?i recall you doing the same on the red nissan?

a proper cut and polish with a buffer might do the trick, but yeh, will leave it for a while

It's possible that it's had a paint-job and they neglected to remove the strips for it, which is what happened with the Sunny Coupe. Sucks ass-hats.

It's also possible that it's just a glue that can be dissolved off using a careful bit of thinners and a rag then polished up and out. Hard to say without seeing it in person. If you're careful in taking them off and there is a distinct mark that a cut and polish can't remedy then you can always just slap 'em back on until you can be bothered to resolve it properly.

• 3 weeks later...

oh man, project thrad update with ms paint edited photos because you can't be fucked taking real photos rules me! thats only one step back from where I am at the moment (can't be fucked taking photos OR working on my car).

LOFL - TBH the car is noticeably lower but as we are all about being retardly low.. it still needs to go 25mm down in the front and 40mm more in the rear..

Beaver - we should try 20-30mm in the rear first of all and see how it looks with the new wheels and tyres

i like your thinking kk. will try suss shocks asap, but im away this weekend so dont know when ill get into a shop to sort them. like I said they other day there is way more room than i thought with the other rims, so can probably go infinity low. but yes, it makes sense to gold out unitll the other rims are fitted. payday is Tuesday and then its on like donkey kong

Looks good! I personally like it at about that height- only cause I end up always loading my cars up with bikes and camping gear and they scrape on forestry roads...

I love the colour with those hubcaps- looks spot on. One of the first purchases i will get when my Viva hits the road will be a old mans hat for parcel shelf!