100mm ground clearance laws

RT

If you want the good oil RT, be talking to Wyane Martin in Waller tce. He's VERY helpful. There has been a book released about modifying cars by the LVVTA, called the hobby car technical manual. It tells you everything about doing things the right way. But it costs a fucking fortune though.

The basic gist of ground cleance rules pertain more to if you get a flat tyre the chassis cant hit the road and cause you to roll. A zhorst/skirt/sump will be able to deform ect which while it's still a bad buzz isnt going to result in the car tipping over onto it's roof. (Which would be even more of a bad buzz)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

shit i put my limit at maybe 70mm lower in the 910 before i get sketchy the rear swaybar mounts hit on the rougher roads and the exhaust hits even on medium roads .

and they aint that low .

driving the 910 at cutspring height (pre 2009 spec) was terrible

I'd roll something down to about 70 or 80mm tbh. short wheelbase is where it's at. long wheelbase cars are a total cunt if you want to drive into driveways and shit.

I get beached about half way down my front doors, smooshing the shit out of my exhaust, and smack the towbar all the time. i'm about 100mm at front crossmember.

logans skyline is at 60mm to chassis. It is a easy daily. takes a fucken decent speedbump to get beached and dont scrape 95% of the time. Just go slow and put up with it. shit dont look good high

really?? , shit son wtf am i doing wrong then!!!! .

still lol at bttle marks from the infamous vinegar hill campfire vs 910 incident ... there is some pretty cool danage from that ,nothing to the scale of the sev

back on topic .. 60mm damn

This is a handy thread, should sticky it or put it in a good thread bank.

Obvisously, if your going for a cert you should bone your car right out (safely) and get it done for that height, if not the most practical lift it a tad, but then you always have the lowness issue covered.

This is a handy thread, should sticky it or put it in a good thread bank.

Obvisously, if your going for a cert you should bone your car right out (safely) and get it done for that height, if not the most practical lift it a tad, but then you always have the lowness issue covered.

yea but then you get cocksuckers like the guys at work that failed a car on being too fucking high

you get +/- 5% measured from wheel center to top of the guard I think? so something like +/- 10mm for certed suspension setups. you must be able to get something on certs for a range of heights though, because what about cars with airbags/hydraulics?

Dont think the cop would mind if you were higher than you were legally were allowed to go.

But in saying that, cops will fine you for anything.

spraks bmw sump was wwaaaaayyyy forward of the front axle + cast aluminium. was aws/dumb. he smacked it on on eof those dumb judder bars at the terrace end end of broadway ftl

80mm off the floor with above specs ftpainintheass.

Ute is about 115 from lowest anythin to the floor and is perfect for daily's, especially Palmerston North's crappy roads, judder bars etc.

So do suspension components count as measured from? Or just chassis?

well when i skim read that bit before it reckoned that outer balljoints are meant to be at least 100mm off the flo' too, thus, lowering block lowering may push lower spring seats and shock mount elow 100mm? you've got a theoretical 148mmsidewall so as long as it's not past the rim then you should be millions of mm away from the ground in that respect.....

The cress is certed at 40mm to chassis rail, still an ok daily but not recommended unless your good with angles :lol:

I have had a cop try to ram his notebook under, sayin below 100mm is illegal regardless of cert , followed up with "but im no engineer" Generally most dont actually know how the cert is measured. Usually i tell them what the numbers mean just to sound like a good cunt so they let me off quicker... Never had a fine but been pulled up by every cop in town

i'm rolling probably decent daily height on 14's but

what is the rule regarding modifying x members and bumpstop

towers

ie mod x for beams mounts to use toyota og parts

and towers for way more low with travel still,

ie can run a softer spring but still have fully laden with out hitting bumps