Fri 1st of Month Meets CHCH - Nov 5th - Tonight 630

J_Feral

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

well, was a damn good turn out for my 1st monthly meet. i think we had 10 cars turn up at tower junction to start off. was good to meet some new people and see some different cars in the flesh.

after tower junction, we went for a drive over dyers pass road, around the bays and back through the tunnel. highlights were the torana at full noise through the tunnel and tearing about the hills at the end of the day, with the sun disapearing behind in the distance

here are some pics from tower junction.

0011600x1200.jpg

0021600x1200.jpg

0031600x1200.jpg

0041600x1200.jpg

0051600x1200.jpg

0061600x1200.jpg

0071600x1200.jpg

0111600x1200.jpg

Nice meet people, loved the cars and the mix of OS stuff was cool... funniest was the little micro thing that did the lap in carpark then pulled up outside the bottleshop..... the poor seat-cover looked like she was a bit embarrassed lol

I enjoyed meeting everyone and drive was the first time I have tested my supra diff head and brakes properly since I put them in.... I was told I left a trail of smoke at one stage as it let loose in 3rd around a corner in the hills but other than that all the bits behaved and I will go and check it all today.

The tunnel had some cool sounds from the different cars and watching barts datto moving around on way down the hill was fun, and I was suprised by the way the cvette was able to keep pace, nice balance in that car and N/A so sounds good to.

Thanks

Graham

The tunnel had some cool sounds from the different cars and watching barts datto moving around on way down the hill was fun, and I was suprised by the way the Gemini was able to keep pace, nice balance in that car and N/A so sounds good to.

Thanks

Graham

if only I had it properly tuned however, the chevette sedan when its going should be able to stay pinned to the back of you even more - be even better again under brakes and cornering + more power :lol::P

Was a brilliant drive, great fun chasing the Torana & Datsun, however we seemed to outpace the rest as a result.. Great sounds through the tunnel, man that is one angry ass torana! I love it.. And watching it smoke the bags whilst chasing hard was brilliant, sound of the screaming six with triples and then my higher pitched whine from the 4 pot with twins through the hills was outstanding ( and and I tightened up the gilmour drive!)