Fri 1st of Month Meets CHCH - Nov 5th - Tonight 630

J_Feral

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I slammed on some 155/50/13's then the tyres would clear the guards and I could lower it. But it would probably tripple or quadruple my 60ft times. :doubt: But good things take time.

Time to do what I have done, bought me another couple of rims for the drags and got me street tires on my other set.

I could get mine handling better with 2 things, sway bars and better back tires. The ones on the rear are not what I would call grippy.

Handling can be had without dropping your car on the deck as one of the fastest Torana XU-1s in the world usually gets the comment of "It sits pretty high, why don't you lower it"

Check out this vid of it at the skope classic last year against cars that had slicks on and this with street tires (Same ones I have for my drag tires).

th_BrocksToranaXU1.jpg

I've got loads of front end grip, but I'm very reluctant to push on the rear too hard for fear of it swapping ends on me. Plus the balance of the car is a bit off, which also effects the way the brakes respond. as well as my tyres being old as fuck too.

I'm not talking about slamming it on it's arse, just lowering it so it sits level.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...