New Year Classic Jap n Oldschool Meet - 16th Jan 2010

AE25

Mrs' old man runs the farm there these days so I'll have a yarn about it this week when I am next round there, see what can be done.

Pity I won't have a car worthy of displaying by then

dude now that would be great! theres a few paddocks around the area that would work well. maybe chuck some sheep in em a week or two before hand? let us know how you get on.

was crowded at last one due to an unforseen chinese festival at the asb showgrounds. we moved from the carpark to the other side of round-about where the bbq's are.. and it was a squish, but turned out well. the caretaker dude (sounded south african?) with the Gator was really helpfull and suggested the other spot. did my best to make sure the meet didn't conflict with any other car related events.. but then, free public parking has no guarantees.. so i think next one needs to be dedicated venue. especially if people coming up from south island!

i reckon a small entry fee would really get the meet on it's feet.. a bit of advertising etc will definately help :) could consider council parks etc (fees involved). but will def need volunteers to help setup and control things...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah yep that south african dude is a GC. I forget his name, old fella though right. Apparently he is ex SA police and tough as nails.

Parking on grass = unlikely, as they are really picky about it getting cut up. Hence the use of the gators and no farm bikes.

Although I do have contacts at the rugby club round the corner on puriri drive (my rugby club) so could see if they want to make some coin there by parking on one of the fields.

I'll spin a yarn to her old man, and to the business manager and see what strings can be pulled. If I can make it come across as a bit of fundraising etc coming there way I'm sure they will go for it.

As long as behaviour is sweet can't really see it being an issue, carpark preference - the one thats just off the big roundabout sunken garden thing on the greenlane road side?

yeah that be him. was quite accommodating considering the invasion he had that day.

that park usually pretty busy. we're normally at the opposite side of roundabout from bbq's which is good for up to around 50+ cars when it's empty.. and there's a paddock right below it towards the asb showgrounds.

like the first meet...

http://www.toycrazy.net/gallery/classic ... /index.htm

classicjapmeet08%20055.jpg

lots of GC's turn up and never had any issues in the last 3 meets. grass could be temptation for an idiot so can't speak for everyone.. but generally excrellent behavior. only takes one dickhead to phuck it for everyone tho. :rolleyes:

Although my mint-as sign went walkies from the entrance.. massive effort went into this :lol:

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll24 ... G_2595.jpg

spelt meet the oldschool way = Jap Meat :oops: lol

Probably a lot of empty yards/industrial type areas around... could it be worth speaking with a real estate agent? So many places gone under, leases not renewed, for a cut of the fivers @ the gate land owners may be accomodating... or are yous after somewhere more public for the passersby participation factor?

Also January is when the hay gets cut, a lot of land around... could do a mini Kumeu type of thing...

Do you's divide off into Manufacturers etc? (GM-T boes, T car nats finally... :lol: I'll bring one for each that u cunts bring :lol: insert Tui slogan here... )

not yet.. could be on the cards. judging etc? awards for best of manufacturer? best engine bay? best rims? best girlfriend?

not fussed if location is a bit out of the way.. but pref easy to follow directions and reasonably close to auckland and shops.

• 4 weeks later...

was talking with david the other day (ma61 supra owner near pukekohe) who suggested the carpark at the old Ford plant on plunket ave, manukau.. where there's a monthy hotrod meet and they go into the cafe for eats etc. didn't realise he'd already rang up about it but anyways..

went in and talked to Bonnie at bellagios (sp) cafe and she was quite open to the idea of bunch of cars rocking up, talking talk stuff and going in for eats etc. she doesn't usually open on weekends but would for an old car meet. other shops on the same property are open sat morning so would be shared carpark on a saturday but carpark still plenty big enough. easy to find from southern motorway. sounds promising.

• 1 month later...

So I noticed there isn't an actual date for NY meet. Just first or second weekend of Jan, meaning the 2nd of Jan is the first Saturday and the 9th is the Second saturday. MASSIVE big vote for the 9th of Jan. Will be going tailand around 11th so pretty fucking keen not to miss the event of the year.

KB310--GB120--B110--GX61

So I noticed there isn't an actual date for NY meet. Just first or second weekend of Jan, meaning the 2nd of Jan is the first Saturday and the 9th is the Second saturday. MASSIVE big vote for the 9th of Jan. Will be going tailand around 11th so pretty fucking keen not to miss the event of the year.

KB310--GB120--B110--GX61

The 2nd will be way to early because surely everyone will still be at awesome beaches rather than fail Auckland. I vote 9th also.

AB123--CD456--EF789--GH01

hey fullas it seems more like 2nd or 3rd weekend. alot of people will miss it if its too close to new years eve. also many people are in aucks for BigDayOut and also the Kumeu car show. last year i made it the same weekend and worked out good for most. so thinking to go with that again.. so Saturday 16th Jan. (BDO is on the friday). the four'n'rotay nats is end of jan so i wana leave a gap on that event.

cheater5.. postpone the trip!!! you have to be there :D

but nothing set in concrete yet.. i say vote now! 9th or 16th?

in here

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=20500&start=0