SHGWAG's FD3S

SHGWAG

Dave, the best thing about platform adjustables, is you can be any height & not effect your spring rate.

Beaver, I suspect if Work Japan do them in white, Work NZ should be able to source them for me. Wi'll just cost me extra I suspect.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Slapped the standard struts back in, looks disgustingly high, but means it's one step closer to a WOF.

It's idle is slightly off, I put this down to dirty plugs, which I'll change next time I'm over in Hamilton.

Last obvious thing to do is quieten down the exhaust. Then go for WOF check.

Probably wait 'til August to do this, have a few big weekends ahead & time / money is in short supply.

• 2 months later...

Nearly passed a wof too.

Failed on:

Headlight adjustment (FIXED)

Front brake hoses unsecure - Just have to find the clips to re attach them to the struts.

Loose wiring under dash (FIXED)

Worn wiper blades (FIXED)

Unsecure Battery (Was unsecure due to my old one fucking out / getting a replacement under warranty)

Diff Mounts Worn - This is kind of a big one. I have to drop the whole rear subframe to fix this, & the mounts need to be pressed out/in.

Other than that she's all hunky dori.

Loose wiring under the dash is a fail for a wof? Like how loose? hanging down around your feet or just a bit loose and messy? I think it must have been a quiet day when you took it for a test!

Is it also true that cars can fail if the rear parcel shelf has been cut to fit speakers? crazy.

Bugger- because my Viva has been 'opened' out slightly to fit bigger speakers at some point- maybe 20mm bigger dia over the original holes? I have made a new parcel shelf to hide it. Hopefully they dont go looking up inside boot - no reason why they should as the car has no stereo.

If it's done in a manner that doesn't stick out like dogs balls you will probably be fine. That said, it depends on your tester. What you could do is make up a liner for the underside? HIDDEN, DUN DUN DUUUUUN.

this^^ it is a structural part of the car but so long is its done tidy and you arnt trying to fit 15" subs into them you should be fine .

underdash wire might be where some of the relays reside next to the go pedal i myself have had an unfortunate incident of 910 where a wire came down and hooked under accel pedal without me knowing .. went to go and it ripped it out and killed the car .

more pics of skids please shgwag im getting very impatient

Cool- I'll tidy it up and make it look stock, then hide it.

I agree to about vids of skids. I have always been tempted in the UK of the many many cheap FDs there. People buy them then sell em after the first fill up, or after struggling to find someone prepared to work on them..."ewww- its got one of the odd rotary things in it- no sir,, we don't work on them"