SHGWAG's FD3S

SHGWAG

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

bridgeport doesn't add that much power then. mates rx7 got tuned on friday non bridgeport 200kw at 8 psi

It's quite a small bridgeport, could have taken alot more meat taken out of the plates, but decided against it as I've heard horror stories of having a massive port and the bridge collapsing at high boost/rpm.

You don't need mad ports to get power out of turbocharged tangaz.

In fact they are a lot more drivable and reliable as a road car with minimal porting +T.

Also, you should spend less time chasing meat and finish this. It's way better :lol:

Might pick it up saturday if I they can sort the boost spike problem. Have a vid of it Idling, but have no way of uploading.

*EDIT: They think they have sorted it, but won't find out till they chuck it back on the dyno.

• 3 weeks later...

So boost problem was fixed, however the clutch was playing up / slipping on the dyno.

So I've ripped the box out.

Replacing the old organic clutch plate with something of the puk variety.

This won't be cheap so I've got to put a hold on this as my daily needs a wof next week.

• 2 weeks later...

Te Rapa made a cock up of my brothers tune (They also thought 80psi compression on a rotary was nothing out of the ordinary - it had leaking water seals, but they dyno'd it anyway)

I'm happy with the timing & AFRs that it has atm, and the power curve is nice and smooth.

When it gets back to TGA & is run in I'll evaluate who will be doing the big power tune.

Actually, the clutch is my delay, as I had to spend money on other things this month.

but yea, they were mad busy over Christmas. They want another couple of hours with it after I've put the new clutch in.

• 1 month later...

So just got a phone call this morning..

It's ready.

New clutch is in & its happily running 12psi.

GANGSIGNS

I'm flat out with work untill next Friday, so will go pick it up then.

Will then swap bonnets, so I can bomb the current shite one.

Start to reassemble the interior

Wire up the "Scramble boost" switch.

Unwire the RSM out of it

Wire in new gauges.

Fit the numberplate.

Fit the front chin spoiler.

Not sure if I want to keep the wideband wired in, or sell it - Could probably use the cash.