Simon

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sdc12462t.jpg

How did that not keep rolling?!?

I have no idea / the tree stopped us and the cill just happened to rest on the only hump in the bank.

30cm further down and it would have been fun...

sdc12470.jpg

i do believe this is an ideal time to stitch on the front of an old levin and make 2 engine spec

Please, don't give me ideas...

• 2 weeks later...
Looking at the chop of the red one, those chassis rails looks pretty thin gauge :doubt: and no reinforcing plates?

I imagine the recip cut through it pretty swiftly?

Cheers,

Yeah was like hot knife through thin gauge panel steal.

Should buy one really. Was very impressed.

I was going to try do it with a small angle grinder and heaps of cut off wheels.

Would still be there tbh. Job took about 10 mins.

Lold, cut through cooling pipes, aircon and brake lines haha.

haha, sounds familiar,

Mate's old man is a builder has all the gears, the one we used was non portable, pretty industrial - fucker was pretty heavy.

I had done a bit with the angle grinder - took about an hour plus to get roof off and most of the way through the floor pan - then realised some shit was double walled - pulled out the recip and was finished in 5 mins and 2nd car chopped in another 10.

When we were loading the shells on the trailer could smell gasoline. Then clicked the recip had cut through all the lines on one of the cars...not smart

hah, AW11 looks a damn site easier to cut thru than the TX3 parts car I bought and subsequently chopped up. Had to use the plasma cutter for that one :badgrin:

also holy crap @ crash pic, that looks like the saddle road? Fuck that for a laugh.

Stink about crash, looks like it could have gotten way fuglier.

I was a dirty ol wrecker a long time ago, we had a 72cc cut off saw with a 14 inch blade, fuck I loved that thing. Is fun when you cut fuel lines, gas catches on fire, underseal starts to burn, whole car blazes up and you dont notice as its already full of two stroke smoke, those were the days.

Good luck with the rebuild.

I have 240zg flares if you want a set. Probably looking at making a mould for them anyway.

Oh thats great, ill definitely PM you later when Im up to painting and deciding what wheel I want to fit under it.

Also getting a mould taken off them would be a good idea.

I used an even bigger one today^

I went on a big power trip.

Spent the day on it today.

Body work takes so long.

Got heaps more to do.

Got to line it up and tack it on.

Will then take it back to panel man and he can weld it on.

dscf8019.jpg

dscf8017.jpg

dscf8021.jpg

dscf8020u.jpg