eddynz's arr eks free

lowlancer

love the car boe and have been following a number of builds on RR,

theres some pretty bonkers shit getting laid down over there,

i have heard the odd rotor going for quite cheap over there?

and the kiwi boys are getting on that stz as building one back here is just

a minefield of dodgey or stolen or hide your ride.

yeah- rotors are bloody cheap here;

Our 1st rx7..mint series 3 in original black £600!

our 2nd rx7 - series 3 £150

our 3rd rx7 - series 2 £110- i used that one for chevette build

then we bought a mint series 3 from scrap yard 8 miles away. £200 they said it wouldnt start...i changed the 10 year old petrol and the fuel pump and winner!

Rx3 - I paid £750 !

You can always get a really nice first gen for under £1000

And a really good FD - all original but with rebuilt engine/new turbos - owned by a bloke in our club sat for ages before got £2600 !

Rotarys just dont have the same following here.

alex

Id like to but i dont reckon it would be an every day classic like it is here- i'd never be able to sleep at night thinking of all the little fuckers out there nicking bits off it! :( Even at my olds place i dont reckon it would be safe.

Or am i just paranoid? Do little shits there respect old cars like this now..or do they still just see them as a rolling stock of Trade me goodies to sell?

In britain no one knows what it is and its not worth as much- just some old car.

Nup- i want something like your old cortina- or another chevette, or a viva.

BTW- keep your wagon in its original colours i think.. looks proper time warp 8)

I love the way old cars like yours-not full of Rot- can still be found back home- can not fucking wait to get home!

alex

I wouldnt let scumbags keep you from enjoying your shit, then they win and were all miserable!

The south island is a safer bet, and by the time you bring it over and get it legal here, its still going to be running at a profit.

Id swap the Cortina... :lol:

And yeah, not painting it.

• 3 months later...

i aint posted up in ages on here.:( whoops. Best stay in touch as will be back in nz end of year hopefully.:)

My rx3 has been going so well. I have been using and abusing it shit loads. Got to see 130 plus in a race against a ford rs turbo. Acceleration was the same but he had more top end. I was pulling 7500 in 5th.:) naughty. We just did 430miles over easter with bikes on back to wales. Averaged 29 mpg which is bloody good for a rota! Such a good wee usable car. Nice to be able to park it up here and still find it intact hour later too.

I recently bought a rare as '83 series 2 elford turbo rx7. It is rusty as but engine should be good. Its a suck through an su carb setup on a 12a.

Me and 2 kiwi friends are gonna rip it all out today then have a bbq to celebrate my acquisition of 'coolest oldschool suck through carb 160 bhp turbo rota goodness' and drink beer. Summers on the way here. Happiness.

i need a car to test it in. That'll be the rx3 then.:)

I'll put some pictures up soon as i'm back on computer rather than my phone.

Alex

Id like to but i dont reckon it would be an every day classic like it is here- i'd never be able to sleep at night thinking of all the little fuckers out there nicking bits off it! :( Even at my olds place i dont reckon it would be safe.

Or am i just paranoid? Do little shits there respect old cars like this now..or do they still just see them as a rolling stock of Trade me goodies to sell?

In britain no one knows what it is and its not worth as much- just some old car.

Nup- i want something like your old cortina- or another chevette, or a viva.

BTW- keep your wagon in its original colours i think.. looks proper time warp 8)

I love the way old cars like yours-not full of Rot- can still be found back home- can not fucking wait to get home!

alex

get a bull terrier cross!

never had any of my stuff tampered with at home...

very nice mate

and your not wrong about rotas being cheap over there

i bought 2 x s4 rx7s for 150 pounds had been sitting

in a garden on the isle of white and was told they had been there for

6 years and had never gone and wouldnt go.

so me and 2 mates had a drive from north east down fuked around with them

for a few hours and drove both back with out mot,tax,insurance all the way

with out any problems. was a mean rd trip just over 700 mile round trip.

dan

yeah i cant believe how cheap rx's are here- even fd's are cheap. But hardly any oldschool ones left- my 3 is one of less than 15 we know of in the uk left! And 6000 plus were sold. Rust!

I dont think any other 3 is doing as much mileage as mine- only about 2 others i know that are driven- jimbo's and jon's. The others are projects, race cars or just sat looking pretty- which is a fucking crime if ya ask me. All classics should out on the road being used!

So in a land of 60million people it makes it quite a rare sight to see a 3 on the road.

Only one rx4 i know of driven much. About 2 rx2's- one a 12a turbo.

Quite different to back home eh!

yeah- i'll pop some pictures up sometime of viva - as for chevette its got a whole build thread on chevettes.com and retro rides.:)

Us within exile rotorsport in the uk have been sending letters to dvla who are in charge of taxing cars etc. We been pointing out that rotarys are only 1.2 or 1.3. Some have had success -and got cheaper road tax- some still trying.

I'm lucky that i've been able to prove my car was built in 72 so i pay no road tax.:)

• 2 weeks later...