low n slows mk1 2door

d.p.n.s

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh cheers guys.

Money i tell ya, its half the battle! Someone buy my 4 door so i can finnish this thing! . . . and start saving for a house to build a massive workshop.

Buy the house along Shelly Bay Rd - 5 car garage - 1 bedroom - 300K - I would so buy it if I could sell my current one real quick/didn't have to paint it...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-me-prope ... 158914.htm

Oh lol, Im dead dead keen on that place, if only my gf didnt kick and scream to turn around every time i drive up to view it! so much potential! put up a nice secure fence and would be mean

trade in Cheffy and marry KY (don't tell her I said that)

Austin princess master cylinder size? (with bias pedal box)

Does anyone know what size master cylinder is required to run an un boosted pair of AP calipers with capri vented disks and a bias pedal box.

5/8 in there at the moment i think

If anyone also knows size required for FXGT calipers for the rear also that would be great.

Regards Chris

• 3 weeks later...

Mean got engine running last night first time since belt flew of and fitting;

Lift pump and swirl pot

New radiator + plumbing + fans worked automaticly :mrgreen:

Fuel Reg

Water pump / cam belt

Tacho works

oil light works.

water temp works

boost gauge works

So bit changed and still runs, this time gave the engine a rev and could hear turbo making turbo sounds, so all a bit more positive than last time and a bit more motivating.

Welded the front guards a shitload they were completely rusted to bits basicly re shaped them from scratch.

Got some BRIDE twin locking seat rails iv just about finnished fitting.

Tested Engine-clutch-gbox combo with engine running for first time stocked it works as was not 100% sure untill last night.

Welded tabs for side perspex windows that are getting cut by GC's at watermark signs.

So working on body work now while I save for role cage, muff, dyno, belt/belts? and tyres.

Question re filter

Not sure what way to mount it

OPTION 1; Pointing upward. tight fit.

dsc08238ry.jpg

OPTION 2; Pointing Down. will require turbo water outlet slightly modified to fit this way. presume it will get colder air?

dsc08241v.jpg

With option two its likely to get water on it, is this something that should be avoided? or ok? was going to build a standard filter/airbox combo but ran out of space.

Started doing some body work because its cheap to work on. the front on both the guards have had alot of steel replaced to get this far.

dsc08248.jpg

dsc08245j.jpg

Feeling way to smooth so far for the matt paint job i was going to give her :doubt:

Mount it upwards man... I think the drawbacks outweigh the benefits in this case. Being road legal, the filter will get filthy in the downwards position. It shouldn't make to much difference if your intercooler works well.

Looking good though! It will be cool to see a lick of primer over it.