Zeb's MkII

Brock-Lee

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

did they have a mean shit time trying to get those tyres on the rims? the way they have been bolted together isn't ideal for tyre fitting aye

I'm aware of that but when I'm in a position to spend $2G on a pair of wheels I'll certainly be using wheels that were made that wide. Other than having to pull the rims apart to swap tyres (can't wait to get a flat :doubt:) there is no trouble getting them to sit, took about 5 minutes to get them both inflated. Any more stretch than that and there'd be some real issues. But yeh, they look mean, hold air sweet it's just that if I need new tyres it will take a few days as opposed to one, I think I can handle that.

oh and have you had them balanced?
Lowel nah haven't bothered with any of my wheels, might though as I'll be having a wheels alignment done shortly.

did they have a mean shit time trying to get those tyres on the rims? the way they have been bolted together isn't ideal for tyre fitting aye

I'm aware of that but when I'm in a position to spend $2G on a pair of wheels I'll certainly be using wheels that were made that wide. Other than having to pull the rims apart to swap tyres (can't wait to get a flat :doubt:) there is no trouble getting them to sit, took about 5 minutes to get them both inflated. Any more stretch than that and there'd be some real issues. But yeh, they look mean, hold air sweet it's just that if I need new tyres it will take a few days as opposed to one, I think I can handle that.

Oh thats sweet. Wasn't acusing anyway, just asking because I didn't know how you'd get tyres on those. My steels are pretty much fucked, when my tyres wear out they are pretty much a throw away item :lol: Can't unbolt those

Oh thats sweet. Wasn't acusing anyway, just asking because I didn't know how you'd get tyres on those. My steels are pretty much fucked, when my tyres wear out they are pretty much a throw away item :lol: Can't unbolt those

i will have them if your gonna throw them away :mrgreen:

Explain this situation with the wheels and tyres? Why can't the tyre be popped off as normal?

I can't be arsed trying to look for pictures to explain what I mean, but every single wheel in the world has a sharp drop from one lip where the beat mounts, and a gentle slope up to the other lip. This is so you can leverage the tyre on. You'll notice with Zeb's wheels that because he has bolted the two inners together, he has sloping edges on both sides, which means it would be difficult, if not impossible to get a tyre on.

With my steels, I widened the outside and the largest diameter which is not what you are supposed to do. if wideneing the outisde you are supposed to widen the narrowest diameter, or remove the centre altogether, widen the back (the smooth slope) and put the centre back in spun around.

The widening of my wheels resulted in me having a smooth slope on one side, and a big ledge in the middle of the wheel which is useless for fitting tyres. Several tyre shops told me there was no way of putting tyres on them but I know the dude that owns Tyrepower in whangarei, who is a real GC and he fitted them for me, over a week or so.

Lol pretty much exakery same thing happened to me when I got greened recently.

It WAS rubbing, it ISNT now, the tread IS inside the gaurds, the wheel DOESNT have to be. NO IM A COP I KNOW THINGS, I USED TO BE A WARRENT INSPECTOR! I AM THE LAW YOU LITTLE NO NOTHING CUNT!

wait wat :doubt:

Good luck with the greeney.