Zeb's MkII

Brock-Lee

Yeh they're some form of Volk Racing Mesh. Exactly the same as above photo^, quite keen for red eh as it would somewhat go with the orange but I've just cleaned them up and the gold also looks really good! Came up alright might just leave it for now, or just spray can it red, I'm on a bit of a budget.

And yeh I'm after some unwelded Mk. IIs ideally but that's near impossible, all old SSRs 3 pieces I've ever seen are welded from the factory.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nup they're meant to have the centre behind. The front and rear pieces are also just the same where they are bolted together, could say they are perfect for this application, guess it made it easier to produce heaps of different sizes when they were new. I couldn't even have the centres on the front if I wanted to, maybe these pictures will explain...

dscf1456mediumxs0.jpg

dscf1458mediumgi5.jpg

Before they were sent.

Sweet well I can definitely pull the wheels apart to fit the tyres, is that because the back rim piece is slightly taller? So they're designed to fit tyres from the front? Also only thing I'm worried about but am sure I'll be able to get around is that the fronts have a little rib where the bead sits but the rears don't. You haven't had any trouble will tyres coming off the rim Hugo? Reckon it should be sweet if I run fairly high tyre pressure but I am gonna go a little wider than a 185 for practicality as I drive this car every day haha.

the back piece has a slow taper and the front has a small step with sharp taper so when you put on tyre machine the tyre goes over the small step and sits in the recess while the rest of it goes over the lip, so when you no longer have small step then you have to assemble rim around the tyre, makes its fun getting the rim to seal, if you have trouble you may need to let the silcon dry for a few days before inflating tyre

upside is you dont need to goto a tyre shop to change tyres, downside, it will take you a hour and a half to change a tyre :lol:

ive never had my tyres come off and i only run 34psi, mine do have a small bead for them to sit on tho

:lol: Lowering and fitting wide rims is one thing, I can handle a bit of scraping, tyres coming off the rim is another!

the back piece has a slow taper and the front has a small step with sharp taper so when you put on tyre machine the tyre goes over the small step and sits in the recess while the rest of it goes over the lip, so when you no longer have small step then you have to assemble rim around the tyre, makes its fun getting the rim to seal, if you have trouble you may need to let the silcon dry for a few days before inflating tyre

upside is you dont need to goto a tyre shop to change tyres, downside, it will take you a hour and a half to change a tyre :lol:

ive never had my tyres come off and i only run 34psi, mine do have a small bead for them to sit on tho

Damn, I wanted to try some different size tyres to see how they look, maybe that won't be so fun if I can't use a tyre machine. Damn.

Gonna get some bolts and sandpaper now.

My thinking = without that rib that helps hold the tyre, you go around a corner fast, tyre slips off, loses air and bam, instant flat tyre!

Wouldn't stop me trying though, will just see how it goes...

Chris has had a tyre come off his 7inch just like you say above.

Can run inner tubes.

Can use truck stz to get tyre on.

How are you going to get wheel to seal inside if you pull it apart to put tyre on? Not possiable with mine. edit, was thinking like a retard, you will just goo it up then put the second half of rim on and torque up!

Gaz

thats kinda talk isn't going to make your whale astounding now will it. stretch cunt.

Also, did this with 175/50 on 8 for ma ute.

Put tyre on rim

get inner tube

Inflate against rear bead to seat rear

deflate tube and pull it out front

get a larger dia tyre and put on floor, put rim and tyre inside larger tyre

stand on centre to pull front tyre bead out to rim edge

inflate

profit

Just pull the tyre to one side to seal it haha. But yeh I'll maybe try a shit tyre and see if it will go on normally, save a lot of hassle. I'll consider tubes also

stretch cunt.
Interesting method!