Zeb's MkII

Brock-Lee

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Car looks awesome. 8)

Regarding green stickers etc for running stretched tires....

Even if technically it's a legal modification to have tires under the guards and no mention of wheels sticking out, it's illegal to run a tire width on a rim width that it's not intended for.

So its not possible to legally have your wheels sticking out further than the tread anyway, hence why the rules regarding this only mention the tires and not the wheels.

I'm not criticising or anything, just FYI, that's technically the law regarding the situation.

It can't be any surprise to you guys that theres people out there that hate stretch and what ever. Theres different tastes out there. Who cares. Lets not get too caught up in it. My only argument about the matter is that I personally disagree that its dangerous, but I definitely won't argue with someone who thinks it looks like shit. I can see their view point and thats cool. They have different taste to others and thats even better. Keeps things diverse around here because if everyone had slammed rides on rediculously stretched tyres it would soon get pretty boring/awesome.

Edit: Actually just remembered something else. In the weekend I was browsing the forum with a mate around having a few beers. He said to me, "what, is this the new trend is it? - 14 inch wheels with tyres that are too small on big cars?" I loled.

Yeh I'm definitely aware that the tyre manufacturers etc don't recommend that a 185 goes on anything wider than a 6.5" rim (that's what mine say anyway) and that in the instance of an accident or similar I may not be covered by insurance or that it could be illegal to begin with (although most cops that have talked to me about it have actually complemented me on how it looks and that they've never seen anything like it etc but that it is pretty borderline, but they don't know everything). I also had doubts about its safety but thought the only way to know is to give it a try and after having driven a lot on them I'd have to say there's little unsafe about it. As long as you keep the tyres pumped up enough there's no way they're going to come off the rim. It's a firm ride but that's about it.

Doesn't look so rad right now, got it all back to standard because VTNZ were super strict on it, guess the $90 has gotta pay for something :doubt:, getting exhaust leak taken care of in the morning then it's back to get a recheck.

Just taking it to Magoos, easy, or I could get you to give it a zap? Bumpstops look like new but half the size, thanks again Anne Gilgrinder! Fuck I'm lame

Fixed everything, went for recheck, passed, vtnz dude talked to me about the car for ages, went to police station, got off fine, and just in time for the weekend!

Would have gone from where the last one ended, because it did have a WoF he just put an updated one on, didn't he? So, shouldn't have gone from then but likely that it did.

Yep that's exactly what happened. I don't mind though :D

Also re: this, from what I understand if you take your car in before the WoF actually runs out, you can get the extra days you were early put on the end etc, to a max of 2 weeks. Good incentive to bring your car in early and also not be rolling around without a warrant.

• 1 month later...

good buy dude, it costed me about $700 to do my conversion but thats with a brand new clutch. You can experiance the real power of a 1geu with a manuel hahaha

Is it me or does it look like the axles on that car has been shortened to fit that much dish because my mk2s arnt that wide and they stick out the guards more then that rim

The C110 sedan in the foreground looks like it's a lot cooler.

87197710181.jpg

ec5f7356282.jpg

maybe so, but i don't own one do i? and where's the proj thread for your 110 old man?

Is it me or does it look like the axles on that car has been shortened to fit that much dish because my mk2s arnt that wide and they stick out the guards more then that rim

don't think so, those guards are far from standard! and yeh manual will rule but it will always be slow.