12a Monster Bridgeys etc.

danger

monster and j ports are not differnt. the term 'monster' is just thrown around. people say "oh ive got a monsta bridge" or " i gotz me a phat monsta J" or "yea monster ports go hard as."

fuck, you either have a std/tall/extended/bridge/j/preffy port. i dont go round saying ive got a monsta PP just cos its bigger than someone elses. J cuts the water jacket and bridge generally doesnt. although you can have a large bridge that also cuts the jacket. also j ports can also look like a j if you try hard enough. id chuck some pics up but my comp = broken and am on another.

dane, im not quite sure on the comp ratios of a 12a turbo rotor and that of n/a but i do remember seeing a thread on havik about all the differnt C/Rs of all the rotors produced. but yea, more compression = better.

Its a J port then. All fucken symantics to me.

Yeah thought NA rotors would be the ticket but got told otherwise so yeah. Oh well I'll just bang it together with NA's. think I've got some somewhere.

Whats the secret to getting the water seals in and keeping them together?

Also how much chrome chippage is alright? I know mazda says 2mm max but I've got a housing with a bit extra at the top in one spot. Seems a waste to biff it out. ok if i run it on carbons?

Guest sexychevette

i heard that if u were gun run new carbons it was best to have ultra mint/perfect housings. something to do with the carbons not really being able to mold to an imperfect surface or something. but with steel ones they will do that when u run it in. if u know wat i meeeeeeeen. cos i dont. well im not a good explain

also there is SO such a thing as a monster port. Tis bigger than a J port. Just a massssssive hole where as a J port is in the shape of a J. If u know what i meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen. But same dealeo. But monster port is like full massive window as big as you can make it. but then again i did just make this up and its complete bullshit

maybe check to see if the e-shaft and stat gears(and bearings etc) are the same between the turbo and na engines. maybe thats why ur mate said the na rotors wouldnt work with turbo gear. iduno. seems unlikely

also there is SO such a thing as a monster port. Tis bigger than a J port. Just a massssssive hole where as a J port is in the shape of a J. If u know what i meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen. But same dealeo. But monster port is like full massive window as big as you can make it.

yea but i reckon that that is still a j. cuts into the housing and such. even if its just the big fuckoff square.

ive also heard to use steels with used housings. mine have some chrome missing but will find out when i get it running i guess.

best bet might be to ring a roterrrrr shop down there or just roll up and talk to some fullas. cos i havnt put one together yet so i dunno bout the seals in place or devconing etc.

J port the cunt and keep the turbo, will go fuking hard/nutz/whateva.

Also, a "J" port is a "monsta bridgy", in a way its just a big bridgy that cuts into the water jacket. "monsta" was just put into the name to make it "gangsta"

EG:

i got cock in pants

i got a monsta cock in pants (see how much more "gangsta" that is) :lol:

As for seals, as above, varbon apex seals are more likely to chip on used housings that the standy tips, standy tips heat up and arnt soft but do take to the shape of the housing, carbon does not, thats why i'm just replacing my tips with 2mm 2 piece mazda steel 1s (if it aint broke, dont fix it) but in saying that, ive heard that the steels like to break/chip at high rpm

Guest sexychevette

Also, a "J" port is a "monsta bridgy", in a way its just a big bridgy that cuts into the water jacket. "monsta" was just put into the name to make it "gangsta"

EG:

i got cock in pants

no no no. all wrong

j port turbo will not work.

and monster/J ports and the name monster port came about in the 70s because racers were forced to use production style intake ports which counted out pp's. And had nothing to do with gangsters. Was because they were big. like monsters. I maintain there is a visual diff between a monster port and a j port. but i dnt care.

U should just ge muni and make a semi PP. then u will win. The entire world

bitch please....

wasnt monster port a yank term anyway?

pp were a factory production for race cars,but not an factory option in a granny rx3..

i wouldnt run a j myself,from experiance with mates j ports,and other "rumours" and bitchings they are the most unreliable port due to the cutting into water jackets.

the low comp rotors may help the life of the water seals due to less pressure there but itll rob abit of low end power if theres any to start with.

steel seals arent designed for high revving,they tend to chatter,and if one decides to break the whole side of the motor is throw away..carbons tend to make less damage apparently.

me:im going pp with carbons.FTW do some skids.

I must concur with shizzl.

The powerband of a J port, is so far up the rev range, that when it's doing it's thang, the seals are going to fuck out, and gall the housings.

No offence, but you are pulling yourself if you want to build a fuck off death engine, with parts that are half fucked to begin with. A J needs carbon seals. end of story. Don't be a tight cunt, and do it proper. People with no money (like me) taking half arsed shortcuts, is one (Of the many) reasons why rotors have a bad rap for being unreliable piles of shit. If they didn't pull ho's no-one would bother with them. There's fuck all chance I'll own another one.

theres the comp ratios and some other stuff if you wanted to know

http://www.mazdatrix.com/faq/rotorwgt.htm

also i use the term monster etc much like sexychevette i assume, typically when its like the biggest sideport you can possibly do unlike a j port which is bigger than a typical bridge but usually not as big as possible so yeah na fuck off cunts get off my lawn

ps also yeah it isnt usually ideal to use carbons on anything other than mint as housings etc etc etc repeating info etc etc etc

pps YES YOU WOULD WIN THE FUCKING WORLD AND MORE IF YOU DID A SEMI PP

EG:

i got cock in pants

j port turbo will not work.

and monster/J ports and the name monster port came about in the 70s because racers were forced to use production style intake ports which counted out pp's. And had nothing to do with gangsters. Was because they were big. like monsters. I maintain there is a visual diff between a monster port and a j port. but i dnt care.

Agreed on the j turbs not working / i was taking the piss

was refering to the terms "monsta bridgy" and "monsta port"

In terms of the actual monster port, i believe that they were a J with the tinyst bridge that the housing could handle before making it prone to cracking, just a big j that was real unreliable (compared to a j, (so not reliable at all))