ProZacs Chevette of "Front-ness"

blakamin

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it had extractors which I cut and shut to get at the starter motor once. Plenty loud for a paddock basher.

I had a Chevette years ago that had an 18R-GU motor. Lotsa fun. Sold it though, last seen in lower grutt about 10 years ago.

T.

• 2 months later...

Hey man, good to see she hasnt sucked all the life out of you :lol::rolleyes:

Some progress is better than no progress.. Guards look even better now than when he was doing them :wink: You've kept that G161z & box?

Oh remeber those chevettes I kept telling you about, well one of them he wanted $1000 for , and it had reg on hold, no wof, rusty and seized motor.. No Rts or anything special... Dreamer.

And the other one I saw driving around town, still to go have a look at it at some stage, looks pretty good

Cheers,Chris

• 2 months later...

Cool man. I'm now a fan of the chevette front but I always wanted to put an early gem front on to a wagon.

I don't know if theres any down there but I've never seen a tc/td/tx fronted gemini (/chevette) wagon in new zealand before so you will have something ultra rare :)

You just wanted to make it easier to slot the engine & box into it didnt you? :lol::rolleyes:

Will be cool once done, Best front for the wagon conversion IMO :wink:

What've you done with the lawn, it looks tidy (ala no car parts)...

Keen to swapies that chevette front (the bumper everyone hates) for a bottle of tequila?

Cheers,Chris

The last bottle of tequila from our last transaction was the cause of quite a few dramas, was brilliant :). I rekon I'll hang on to that front for a while tho man, i intend to have a chevette hatch all pimped out one day in the distant future, i rekon it could actually look pretty mean with the right wheels and some guard mods.

The front inner gaurds on chevettes and gemini's are a bit different it turns out, but nothing majour. I'll most the side indicators from where they are tho, probably go to some round ones further back the guard.

Guest sexychevette

fuck.

May as well get rid of my gem front now lol.

so hard to be og when so many awesome cunts exist. should check out crazytims hatch on gmt. Hes putin the facelift gem front on his hatch. chevinis gun takeover me thinks

Guest sexychevette
Cool man. I'm now a fan of the chevette front but I always wanted to put an early gem front on to a wagon.

I don't know if theres any down there but I've never seen a tc/td/tx fronted gemini (/chevette) wagon in new zealand before so you will have something ultra rare :)

fuck i get confused with the gemini codes...that is an isuzu, so its a pf50??? would only be what ur sayn if it was a holden ?? or am i barkn up the wrong tree? please explain if i am/fuck it, geminis are for gays anyway. chevettes/chevinis go way harder :D

craytim reckons there was a holden wagon at pikapart with that front. However being a holden its not the og conversion like this chevette is 8)

im confused

You've got a slight (nah rather large) Case of retardation there Sexychevette, he's talking about the different models of the gemini throughout its lifespan, not about whether or not its a coupe, wagon, sedan etc

TC

gemini_tc_01_t.jpg

TD

tdwagon.gif

TX

holden_gemini_tx.jpg

Notice the difference in the grills, and the TD has square headlights...

Prozac's Is a TX (my Favourite of the Early fronts)...

Those are only in Australia tho. We didn't have any diferentation between the three models.

Most of our cars came out looking like the TC, but there are still differences in things like the tail lights and stuff. The Sedan that Tom just sold to Tim had round lights but a TD grille, and I doubt anyone when to the effort to get the grille from Aussie.

Also, we didn't have Gemini's in 1976 (or I've never heard of one) so we didn't get that TX grille. It's all pretty weird here, but there is definately no TX/D/C that comes in later with the TE/F/G.

They're just all early model.

Guest sexychevette
You've got a slight (nah rather large) Case of retardation there Sexychevette, he's talking about the different models of the gemini throughout its lifespan, not about whether or not its a coupe, wagon, sedan etc

fuck up fagot. I did not once mention anything about coupes, sedans etc. I know he was what he was talking about. What im geting at is i was under the impression that those model codes were off the holden models. This front being off an isuzu(it is an isuzu front isnt it?...or is it off a holden?) i was slightly confused. And i was trying to get somebody to explain the diff between the early holden and isuzu geminis as ive only ever heard of the isuzus refered to as pf50s or pf60s. Maybe thats because i dont give a flying fuck about geminis. But i still want to know. You are gay. Go back to the south island cunt hole

haha.

Yeah your right tom, it is an isuzu front so I should be calling it a pf50 but with the confusion we had about pf50 meaning any 1600cc gemini and pf60 meaning any 1800 gemini, regardless of its body style or year of manufacture its just easier to refer to all geminis by their australian/holden codes, ie tx,tc,td and te,tf,tg. It usually makes things easier but in this case it confused everyone.. :lol: