ProZacs Chevette of "Front-ness"

blakamin

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Old welder is up for grabs, swing me a txt if your keen? I'd be after around $350 with a regulator aswell i rekon. I think i paid $500 odd for it on staff when i bought it... Comes with whatever wire is in it aswell, hah! Can also do you a cheap deal on an auto darkening helmet like mine.

Yeah, im hoping the cortina mounts will make it sit a bit lower, just getting the sump to clear will be the majour issue.

You rekon? But it turns it into a kadett! (basically). I'd be after a bit more than a fiddy alas. Anytime you wanna mig something up tho let me know. Cant really loan out my new welder, but your more than welcome to shoot over and use it. I only have CO2 tho, not as good as argon mix, but its still better than gasless.

im also a tig whore so i dont mix my shit

argon+TTC=mmmmm

I want tig

you want tig? you cant handle the tig

no seriously i wish i had mig, every job i do

seems

too

take

sooooo

long

So the wrong place to be discussing the merits of different welding techniques - but I love gas welding - so I want to do tig to mix my electrical arc type welding with a gas type technique - yeah they may take a long time to do but tig is beautiful when done right..

Discuss away. Bubblegoose doesnt know this yet, but im for sure going to tax his tigging abilities in the not to distant future. Do you own a bottle, or rent? who from? what are refills worth? Chur.

no worries boe tax me all you like

rent a bottle from air liquide (back of repco hornby) $157 rent per yer (big bottle i probably went overkill)

refill has just gone up to $175 as they now fill to 200bar :shock: will probably down size after my year is up

what am i gona be welding? diff? :rolleyes:

So the wrong place to be discussing the merits of different welding techniques - but I love gas welding - so I want to do tig to mix my electrical arc type welding with a gas type technique - yeah they may take a long time to do but tig is beautiful when done right..

true, i love gas welding... apart from the fact that you look like a coal miner by the end of the day, i just love fire to be honest :D

ive also found that only having a tig means that the first well of the day is mint.....then you get bored and rush them and they look like dog poop (see my over diff section of the lancer haha :lol: )

having buzzed up a diff with the mig at work today, i want to buy one even more.......or i could get my rims widened hmmm :wink:

ALSO

'gyar im a post pirate prepare to have your thread boarded'

^hijacking pirate lol

yup, custom sump is the plan, i dont see it being to tricky, and i know a couple of people i can take it to to tell me how stupid im being and how it SHOULD be done, heh.

You want a mig welder? buy my old one! nothing wrong with it, goes well enough, comes with most of a roll of .6 aswell, hah. $300 without regulator if your keen?

yup, custom sump is the plan, i dont see it being to tricky, and i know a couple of people i can take it to to tell me how stupid im being and how it SHOULD be done, heh.

You want a mig welder? buy my old one! nothing wrong with it, goes well enough, comes with most of a roll of .6 aswell, hah. $300 without regulator if your keen?

i had to argue the case of the tig (to get it in the garage) as 'welders are dangerous and start fires :rolleyes: ' im only aloud to use the tig because it looks safer than mig :lol: no spitting and stuff

i also dont have $300 :cry: old washing machine case+welding=custom sump :D

Washing machine case? heh, thats what alot of my dad's one tonner is made out of. Next time your in repco, have a look at the shelves out the back, they're just over 1mm thick mild steel, hah. The powercoating is a bitch to get off, but one of those has served me well so far. Someone climbed on one and bent it a bit, no good for the store, but good for me, hah!