ProZacs Chevette of "Front-ness"

blakamin

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

Believe it or not, i have actually been working on this thing... The front is all modded now with brackets so it bolts on and off, will make fitting a nice engine very easy. Im getting into the rest of the body work now, and it turns out my front guards are just way to rotten :(. I've put up threads on here and GMT looking for some new ones, but there dosen't seem to be much out there...

Please, oh gods of the internet, find me some guards!

So could you make something out of chevette guards and just put the headlight surrounds on or do you need gemi ones?

I wanted to do the front unclipping idea on my car. Will make things masisvely easier. Can you post pics? Does it still have as much rigidity as it did before hand?

How man wreckers can there be in Oamaru, right? Heh. I shall try and give them a call tomorrow and get someone to tell me if the front of the guards are okay... If they are, they're mine. Im sick and fucking tired of searching!

Cheers boe :)

So could you make something out of chevette guards and just put the headlight surrounds on or do you need gemi ones?

I wanted to do the front unclipping idea on my car. Will make things masisvely easier. Can you post pics? Does it still have as much rigidity as it did before hand?

I'll slice the 2 sets of guards in half, at around the middle of the wheel arch, weld the back half of the chevette one to the front of the gemini one. They're the same shape right up until the front.

Here are a couple of pics from a while ago, they show the brackets i've made, which are now welded to the nosecone. They bolt through to the inner guards in 8 places each side, and the nuts are welded to the under side of the inner arches. Big panel washers on the upper side aswell. The other benefit of doing this is that the nose is marginally adjustable aswell, for setting panel gaps etc....

080110noseconebracket1.jpg

080110noseconebracket4.jpg

http://yellow.co.nz/search.ds?newSearch=true&what=automotive+dismantlers&where=oamaru&search.x=0&search.y=0&search=Search

hmmmmmmm.... any further details on where this beasty could be located? I'm thinking a long easter weekend mission could be on the cards.

Its about 5 minutes south of omaru on SH1. Its just after a bridge on the right hand side, has a few cars forsale outside. Can never remember the name of the place but yeh, just say for after gemini parts and you know where it is etc, take tools then go for a wonder.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Good stuff man,

Sold other welder up for grabs? I'd be keen

Btw the cortina mounts will make it sit a little bit lower than the chevette items..

You still keeping the Gemini Clip?

I must ask Shaun if he has a good old clip around, doubt it being all outside, but still..