Cutey pie wee gems isuzu

thminiman

Took ages to find thread :lol::rolleyes:

Looked a engine , me = hmm looks like a 3sge, reads on - oh yeap sure is!

1st gen 3sge's NA are good for around 150bhp Standard, they rev pretty damn hard, havent had any problems with the stock motor in Parents Celica Production saloon...

IMO good choice for the Gemini :D:lol:

Possibly got some FWD 2-3gen JASMA Extractors (cant remeber which) that they'd sell you :lol::rolleyes:

4th gen Motor is the best, better head, can be found in Caldina's cheaply...

Cheers,Chris

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats not an Opel engine! :P

Good option though. It should all come together nicely. I'll have a drunk as yarn to mike E and spence about the setup and see what they reckon /know they'll say go beams.. :rolleyes::)

Also a good decesion to keep it all in 1 peice for the track day. Its a pretty sweet setup already, might aswell keep it drivable for as long as possible before you rip it to pieces for a big transplant. Having a drivable car helps for enthusiasm/inspiration so much aye.

:P It was either 3sge or c20xe (I'd have rather gone Opel, but the 3sge's do sound cooler :shock: )

Real reason behind choosing it even after wanting to do the whole Kadett thing is cause I haven't found one and even if I do parts won't be easy to get, The Toyota's have shit loads of options, gearboxes especially and even performance bits are easy and a lot cheaper to get here. It makes sense to me atleast. Plus Toyota = ftw hard

I also have a first gen 3sge Celica, CUL8R. It definitely handles the abuse, I love it. Shame about the crap big port tvis shit though.

Richie, I'll be uprighting it. I think you can use 2s parts to help with sorting that all out.

Oh and Brad, those 1st gen tappet covers fit :twisted::D

Have you test-fitted your MS in the case with the 37 and 9 pin plugs on the board? Mine's too fucking short. Any chance of a measurement of the length of yours?

Edit: Or are you meant to undo those screwy things on the plugs first?

Edit 2: Yes you are. Fixed.

Have you test-fitted your MS in the case with the 37 and 9 pin plugs on the board? Mine's too fucking short. Any chance of a measurement of the length of yours?

Edit: Or are you meant to undo those screwy things on the plugs first?

Edit 2: Yes you are. Fixed.

lol, how's yours coming along?

Don't know whether to post whats happening in project thread or not. If anyones keen then I'll post pics of the MS build with any info they want

Spent 3-4 hours on it and it looks like I've gotten no where, although I figured out a decent soldering technique this morning 8)