Cutey pie wee gems isuzu

thminiman

I could have it going again before then. It just depends if I can be fucked after work

Could have it going by the time tonights over but can't be fucked :wink:

Heads off, gasket looks fine. Valves look to be the same as the 1600 head and chambers seem to be about the same size.

Will have a decent look tomorrow in the light. Fuck knows where 40psi of compression is escaping. :?

rings boe?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I could have it going again before then. It just depends if I can be fucked after work

Could have it going by the time tonights over but can't be fucked :wink:

Heads off, gasket looks fine. Valves look to be the same as the 1600 head and chambers seem to be about the same size.

Will have a decent look tomorrow in the light. Fuck knows where 40psi of compression is escaping. :?

rings boe?

Doesn't smoke, fuck all if any lip on bores and pistons are tight. any other signs?

note on heads, it was the really early g161z ones which were better. well in aussie at least as they were preEPA for them. its possible that all our isuzu gems have big valve heads and the holdens have small. depends on what they had in japan.

Yea , theres a big difference in the Early model power outputs vs the later model, the later models were choked down with emmisions crap, greatly dropping outputs.

Cheers,Chris

CODE = G161Z

COMPRESSION RATIO - TX/TC/TD = 8.7:1

COMPRESSION RATIO - TE/TF/TG = 8.3:1

POWER = TX Pre ADR27A = 63kw / TX Post ADR27A = 61kw / TC&TD = 61kw / TE-TG = 50kw

Guest sexychevette

yeah early holden gemini = 60kw compared to the 50kw you get in the latter ones. The car is awesome man and you're right, it does look much better in the flesh.

mean, shoulda weighed it before/after taking meat off. was keen to see how much gman had taken off mine, would be getting up there i reckon eh, half a kg or some shit

you've got vizard book aye boe, fucking just take to the head like he says, that sorta shit looks prettty standard for most heads, so much shit you dont need etc

should see mini's head, fucking nuthing is the same, except for the casting shit on the outside

Whoa, i fully havn't posted in here yet :oops:

I can't decide on a colour to be honest. I love the colour on Zane's Avenger

Thanks boe, I <3 that colour too. About a weeks worth of farting around with colours. Quality brand of paint helps too :P:P

However I'd love to see this thing gloss black, with a slight pearl. I might have a play with shades at work monday if it's quiet. A slight dash of silver would look nice too, it highlights angles and contours.

Also, Have you considered a full Chevette conversion?? Motor,body,chassis,trim,interior......Everything. Even the tourists are doing it :wink:

Not really :lol:

Probably going to keep the trim fairly original now I've decided. Its grown on me :wink:

For those who've played with the G series engine.. anyone had problems with the timing cover not coming off. (engine still in car) I think I may have to rip it out and drop the sump etc :(

Really want to be able to drive her to the nats..

Engine is out and head is back on for good, had to drop the sump to get timing cover off. The reason I couldn't get the head back on the first time was because the tensioner release mechanism was bung and didn't work so I wouldn't have been able to fix it without the engine out anyway :?

All fixed though, I'm just hoping for the best with the new head. All I need is to make it to taupo and back for nats :lol: