phils new awesomeness eterna

thminiman

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It sits pretty snug in there. I forgot that this thing is gonna be twin turbo. The manifolds are gonna be fun huh?

Probably a stupid thought, but would you change to cable clutch? Hydraulic is more ideal, but it would save a bit of space maybe.

There's something about quad cams that just screams "KICK ARSE!"

definitely not changing to cable clutch - that would just be silly. There are many ways to go about keeping hydraulic clutch setup, like finding a shorter master cylinder, or using a different pedal box with master cylinder mounted in the cabin. I don't think any of that will be necessary just yet - it's too much of a mission to set the motor that far back towards the firewall, and it wont just be the clutch master to worry about, I'll have to deal with the brake booster and brake master, and the water routing behind the heads (with the motor sitting where it is I can actually run the stock thermostat housing hanging off the back of the heads)

I am unsure if the MIVEC heads provide better flow than TT GTO motor, but the TT GTO heads have larger ports much like the VR-4 4G63, while the N/A GTO motor has smaller ports (like Evo 3 4G63). I haven't yet taken off the lower portion of the intake manifold of the MIVEC motor but I would guess the port size would be somewhat between the normal N/A motor and the TT motor.

two TD05 big 16g's would be nice, and would almost certainly have to be mounted ahead of the strut towers. I'm looking to find a pair of TD04s from a CD5A GSR which have 13g wheels, or even the TD04HL ball bearing turbo from RVR which would spool up quick and still provide boost up until 7000rpm and still be compact enough to tuck down the side of the block.

4G63 DOHC and 6G72TT/non-MIVEC is 7000rpm redline, 6A12 MIVEC is 8000rpm (manual) or 7500rpm (auto), 6G72 MIVEC is 7200rpm for auto but there are no manual models so perhaps it could be lifted up to around 7500rpm.

Intresting

looks like you have a great oppourtunity to build a really crazy hybrid of a motor

Should be a really cool conversion once completed

Yeah turbos down by strut towers should be achiveable witha bit of work, twin td04s should work really well,

I jsut keep getting bad thought thoughts as i have seen a s13 with a 300zx motor in it from a HPi magazine with front mounted twin gt28/71rs

Should sound awsome completed there somthign about the noise the mitsi v6's make

I jsut keep getting bad thought thoughts as i have seen a s13 with a 300zx motor in it from a HPi magazine with front mounted twin gt28/71rs

Should sound awsome completed there somthign about the noise the mitsi v6's make

At cartune the built one of these as a trackcar. Its stupidly quick and only running something like 7-9psi or so, just so much torque in a small car. Not sure how well it goes around corners but probably isn't too bad.

hahah fuck you cunt

oi.. read above! I said it needs to sit about there in order to run the thermo housing at the rear still, and to clear clutch master. The sump needs to be notched already.

Yea i seen that crap out the back I'd try run a remote thermo and make a lower profile housing. and run the clutch master in the cabin. /just being a cunt, it just looks to far forward to me

not all easy things to do.. the thermo housing joins up the outlets of both the heads and the water pipe from the back of the water pump, and as both the radiator hoses run into the housing there it's not so easy to just relocate it. It's hard to explain but it's like it has all the bypass etc built into it and also distributes the coolant to the heater, turbos, throttlebody etc from there. Need to check out how the RWD Pajero setup is but the SOHC motors have different spacing and bolt pattern off the back of the heads for it to attach to. If motor sits back more the brake booster definitely wont fit.

It's all about compromise between where the motor sits and how much fabrication ($$$) is going to be required to do so. It's all very easy for you to say do this and do that, but you're not funding or building it.

Legend!! Looking good, and a fine choice of engine, makes a nice change to see. Finish it!

Also, TD04HL's FTW thnx. A seriously underrated little turbo. Super quick spooling, but give enough boost. If you could find a pair, that would be ace. Don't know if it was the turbo or the gearing in my RVR, but dam it got to 100 quick, but started to slighty run out of puff shortly afterwards.

I guess we'll see when it comes time to sort out a gearbox. Which is my next mission for sure. Then after choosing a suitable gearbox and getting it hanging off the motor then I finalise where the motor needs to sit. I would be quite happy with where it sits on the Pajero mounts at the moment. Brake booster/clutch master, sump and turbo manifolds etc can all be sorted out at a later stage.