PAINT THREAD

dylan

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sexychevette

Thanks man. Yeah, i painted the bonnet of my corona, with these crap as wharehouse cans. It came out pretty good from the cans so i guess ill be able to get a real good finish if i use a compresor and gun....and do some prep work :shock:

My friend painted the bonnet on his gts-t with the same shit. Over time(2 months) it has faded and looks like matt black. Will this happen if i paint it properly?

meh,looks alright.

nice work Cunt

Nah its shit, you'd rofl @ it.. But meh it wasn't really my fault, prep is the key

Also a question, how do you get the mean finish with a buffer?, at this stage I'd rather stick with shine and slight orange peel than fuck it up with buffing when I do the mini

Colt was ok as it was silver so it didn't show up as much, but the black on the Levin looked crap, my buffer is also a $15 peice of shit, really slow =\

Mainly mega swirl marks, quality of the polish was probably crap aswell, stuff I used on the Colt was 3M and came out alot better. Also used 1200 wet and dry with a bit of dish washing liquid

need a proper rotary buffer that spins at a few thousand, not a shit orbital one. 1200 grit the 2000 then meguires medium cut on a wool pad then meguires fine cut on foam and swirl mark remover on foam if need be. thats what i do anyways comes up mint, dont have to use meguires tho.

• 2 weeks later...