PAINT THREAD

dylan

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will depend on gun and pressure, what kind of gun? hvlp?. If yu are using single stage 2k then no clearcoat is needed but if you are using BC/CC then it is. You may want to get more colour if your not using clear as being a newb you are very likely to get orange peel. IF you want to sand and polish it out then you are removing some of the paint, the nore paint you have the less chance of cutting through when sanding.

For windscreens slip a cord in behind it so they are raised then mask teh rubber off that way paint line is not on the windscreen seal, for windows its either take out the seals or spend a while masking.

As for doors and bootlid i would take them off and spray them seperate from the but AT THE SAME TIME so the colour is exactly the same.

Put primer down on one day, block sand it the next, spray all colour the next day, you may find imperfection you want to sand out so do that but make sure you sand the whole car with 600 grit if left for a while so there is no adhesion issues and then spray another coat of colour.

If its prepped it can be done in 5 days part time or two days full time.

• 3 weeks later...

by the time you try blending into the rear gaurds,you could have just re-sprayed the whole car.

but,i take it he's supplying the paint so already it'll be close to the original colour??.

mask out to a sharp line,say the rear 1/4 behind the door and a line where the roof meets.

do your coats,rip of the masking and see how far of it is,if it needs blending out use some fine cutting compound on the unpainted panels and blend your paint out,make sure you see it outside in real natural lighting.

depending on the texture it'l need a buff/polish to either tone it up or dull it down

ch0

anyone in chch who wants to learn to paint:

Go to central city library. There is a video there that's all about diy car painting and preparation. Really really good as it assumes you know nothing and have nothing. Tels you what tools, what paint, techniques and everything. I think they paint up a celeste or something that was absolutely rotten in the sills. The video even tells you how to bog up the sills with newspaper.

Go to central city library. There is a video there that's all about diy car painting and preparation. Really really good as it assumes you know nothing and have nothing. Tels you what tools, what paint, techniques and everything. I think they paint up a celeste or something that was absolutely rotten in the sills. The video even tells you how to bog up the sills with newspaper.

I've seen that before

so fucking funny. guy just bogs EVERYTHING

I've seen that before

%99.9999 of panel-beater's do the same thing,

fuk i lol at people bogging sills.ITS STRUCTUAL,give it 3 months and it'l be cracked and falling out

I've seen that before

%99.9999 of panel-beater's do the same thing,

fuk i lol at people bogging sills.ITS STRUCTUAL,give it 3 months and it'l be cracked and falling out

thats so true, when i bought my capri i was told it had a professional respray back in '97, all rust cut out, yet it was rusting everywhere, ground it all back, found a newspaper ad for the 1997 toyota corolla in the sill, another one in the front valace, more in the guards... gotta love it.

how about the tv ad for nutech that used to play on "as seen on tv", showed how great it was at filling gaps. Dude smearing a whole tub of the shit on some basically non exsistant sills on a dirty old holden or something, awesome.