Crazy Rich's V8 Capri

Toucan

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i got a thing for lime green but its one of those colours that really divides people, still i dont think most people like it but fuck it bro i compromised once and bought blue green cos mates didnt like green lucky was only a test pot cos i realised "I" WANTED LIME GREEN chur.

^ Thats a good effort man. Is pretty mission to do things that you know others (especially mates) aren't into.

I think capris look best in older style colours. Two tones etc. Remember that awesome as beige/brown and cream one that was on TM and the link got put up here. It looked so good. Plus its good to tie it back to the retro look aswell, since so much of the car is going towards a 'new' theme (engine etc). Gun metal would still be wicked tho, perhaps black with gun metal roof (what I would like to do my gem wagon in but never will) or gun metal with light grey roof..

I agree that capri's suit older block type colours, but i think a 2 tone paint job would clutter the look up too much, considering all the effort of shaving and debadging ive done it'd be a shame to spoil the lines of it, although saying that a 2 tone job (done right) could enhance the lines. hmm. toughy isnt it. 2 tone doesnt feel right to me. thats all. maybe gunmetal grey with a pink and lime green "tearing" effect up the side, mid nineties street machine style. that'd be rad.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

heh I've been thinking of painting mine black for years.. but then I thought it would look just like JR's car. lol

.. til a mate of mine pointed out that since neither of us actually drive em much it wouldn't matter.. people would just think there was one mean as black capri dishing around chch.. doube cred stylz.

(+ when I'm on da run from teh pigs I have someone to blame it on

:wink: )

Hahahaha, This is very true that none of us drive em damit, its for good reasons tho... V8 reasons lol. I would get you in so much trouble.... burnouts on ya neibours drive/garden and make sure they get a look at the car lol as long as their deff haha they will sound quite differnt.

• 4 weeks later...

Like the fact you've used the Toymota. They gotta be one of the strongest stock 8s around now.

years ago my mate had a Mk1 Capri with 4 bolt 350 in it, went like fuck in a straight line but didnt handle very well. Yours should be primo as the weight factor nowhere near that of a 350.

I also know a dude who had a Mk2 with 351 windsor and c4. He used Leyland P76 struts and they seemed to work well, pretty sure he plated and re studded top of strt tower to fit.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey Crazy-Rich, Did your car ever live in Auckland owned by a guy named John Somethingoranother who would have owned it (and had it stolen and returned the same day) in about 1986?

It looks very familiar in your first photo - but I guess a few of them got that colour/roof and those wheels

EDIT: I just looked him up on Oldfriends.co and his name is John Lee and he now lives in Cantebury. It would be lols if it is the same car because I haven't seen it since 1988 and I have never even sat in it so buggered if I know why I remember it.