davidian

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kornstar

hey man does the oil cooler seem to get drowned/suck through any water in the wet, ive noticed and been told by other mini guys that alot of water seems to get shoved through the grill.

i still havent got this on the road yet. yes, some water does go through the grill, but so does air, so any water that does get into the cooler's will just get blown through and out the other side.

and, if that doesnt happen, the heat of the cooler will probably just cause the water to evaporate.

That mini looks so good! Exactly the way I like to see minis done up. Nothing over the top but nicely finished. As you know I've got that blue and white mini which I tried to sell last year. Was almost going to sell it again but I can't - mini's are just way to cool to let go of.

re the oil cooler and water thing - surely if water is getting in their that is even better than just air for cooling.Mini electrics are right behind the gril anyway so can't be too bad.

Will be keeping an eye on this project for sure

^^ dad reckons his mini (first car stz) used to stop on rainy day cause the dizzy was right behind the grill, used to crc the dizzy cap and away it went :lol:

Mine was like that with big puddles/shallow rivers :lol:

there meant to have a rubber O ring/gasket under the cap

Guest kornstar
^^ dad reckons his mini (first car stz) used to stop on rainy day cause the dizzy was right behind the grill, used to crc the dizzy cap and away it went :lol:

yeah the lady that owned my one reckoned that happed, so with the oil cooler there might be have two uses lol,

mine came with a plastic cover that protects the electrics, with plastic clips hooked onto the rockercover.

to be honest i havent had it happen to me yet. i try to stay away from driving it in the rain. i dont have one of those big covers that go onto the rocker cover but i do have a little plastic sheild that sits right in front of te dizzy. When i put the cooler in, one of the things i kept in mind was that water thing, hence the relatively large aluminum braket. to hold it.

cant wait to get the brakes sorted. Am so keen to get this going for summer when it decides to show up.

• 2 weeks later...
damn nice brakes boe, let me no how that goes,

Are u doing it yourself?

how much that set u back btw?

yea im doing it all myself, will be pretty simple only tough thing with be tightening the ball joints cos i dont have the right socket.

as for price, i paid $1800

my theory is: compared to most cars, thats cheap for the best setup you can get, and compared to what it would cost to get it imported myself:

the whole kit cost around 700 pounds, im not sure what the conversion rate is, but to me thats about 2500, thats before you even think about shipping

so, woke up this morning, decided to take engine out of mini

did so, am gonna fix up a couple of oil leaks this week, hopefully...

fuck it needs a tune up tho, 1 & 2 are way out of sink with 3 & 4

should have engine back in by weekend, with new brakes hopefully. then will take it in to get the carbs tuned next week. and then wof and rego, cant wait.