thmini's mini

davidian

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, but that was when i was a little less educated in what to look for i.e having fucken oil pressure.

News, oil pump = fucked, which = me having to take engine out again

ffs im angry considering just getting engine properly rebuilt, new bearings etc man im pissed, all i wana do is take it for one thrash and ill be happy but noooooooooooooooooooooooo.

FUCK!

Do you know how to run an engine in and what to do on first start up? - running it without oil = a real bad idea. How long did you run for with no oil pressure?, Did you know it didn't have oil pressure or realize afterwards?

I've seen/heard of a few people taking the pushrods out (with a new cam as slow turning of engine = hard on new cam lobs etc) and turning it over for a while with no spark plugs to get good oil pressure around the engine before starting it properly

Hopefully your bearings haven't caused much damage man :cry:

holy shit i fixed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my boss is my favourite person in the world right now!!!!!

because the engine had had no oil in it for so long, the pump was bone dry, me = thaught pump was submerged in oil = aparently not

Ring boss, him = "did you lub3e teh pump before start up?"

me = WTF's that

me = hang up, do it, leave for hour

start eng = oil pissing everywhere

me = happy as larry

Do you know how to run an engine in and what to do on first start up? - running it without oil = a real bad idea. How long did you run for with no oil pressure?, Did you know it didn't have oil pressure or realize afterwards?

I've seen/heard of a few people taking the pushrods out (with a new cam as slow turning of engine = hard on new cam lobs etc) and turning it over for a while with no spark plugs to get good oil pressure around the engine before starting it properly

Hopefully your bearings haven't caused much damage man :cry:

well aparently because the engine is above the gearbox, the oil would have hopefully splashed up and lubed it enough, as well as that i had just filled the engine with oil so it should be sweet, the first thing i checked was oil pressure so the moment i saw the gauge not working i shut it down again.

before first start up i didnt do a hell of a lot, however i imagine what youve said (especially if your getting a new cam) sounds like a wise idea, On top of that, get an oil can and shoot oil up every oil pipe and galley you can reach, What i did was take the oil filter holder thingy mawatsit and shot oil up the hole into the block. As well as take the pipe going from the top of the block to the oil filter holder and shot oil down there, and the oil pressure gauge sender pipe = shot oil down there = Fixed oil pump problem.

only things to fix now are clutch (looking into in a few mins)

and exahust leak (will get that shit fixed on way to WOF)

fuck im stoked