thmini's mini

davidian

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

me = dumbarse/genius...

There was no overheating problem... the difference between engines meant there is a deference between sensors... me = didnt know that

Swapped sensors over after i clicked last nite (as the new engine had a different gauge set-up), took for a cane today and the gauge worked perfect... NO OVERHEATING... stoaked

one more problem down, will suss brakes 2moro and 1 rear wheel bearing and then its just 3 ball joints which need fucking round with the shims.

ball joints will probably depend if i can undo them with polygrips, if i cant it will have to wait till monday when i can get the right sized socket...

However, motivation is starting to come back to me...

me = dumbarse/genius...

There was no overheating problem... the difference between engines meant there is a deference between sensors... me = didnt know that

Swapped sensors over after i clicked last nite (as the new engine had a different gauge set-up), took for a cane today and the gauge worked perfect... NO OVERHEATING... stoaked

one more problem down, will suss brakes 2moro and 1 rear wheel bearing and then its just 3 ball joints which need fucking round with the shims.

ball joints will probably depend if i can undo them with polygrips, if i cant it will have to wait till monday when i can get the right sized socket...

However, motivation is starting to come back to me...

balljoints = should hqve a locktab, and undo with polygrips/suitably sized crescent no doubt.

good luck etc

Just for a quick update,

Have taken the front hubs off:

fucked bearings

fucked balljoints

i dont want to spend money on these cos id be getting new ones when i upgrade the front brakes to discs, SO, what im gonna do instead is just try and scrape the money for the disk upgrade together. in the meant time, th mini is going nowhere fast, partly because im getting the Imp.

Go the ImP

• 1 month later...

got a job, so need a car to get there = money being spent on thmini...

brake bias valve

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... d=78847943

Master cylinder

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... d=79049827

finally got me the seats i've been after... cheap too, hope they fit http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... d=78599246

also got some longer studs and spacers for the back so the wheels will stick out another inch each side... CHUR CaM

picked up the seats, im stoaked, they are perfect, nice and thin, not too high and the rails only need a tiny bit of bending at each end to fit, the arse sits quite low and then goes up where your thighs go, they are fucken comfy.

should get pics but dunno where camera is.

Also got new wheel studs (longer) and spacers to stick teh back wheels out an inch each side, will put them in with new wheel bearings next week. Then it's just teh disk brakes.

will maybe put pics up later. prolly not tho cos no-one seems to care.