thmini's mini

davidian

tacho is out of teh blue mini, probly from repco or some shiz but me = thinking its hot too so dont care where it came from.

the wheels need spacers IMO, will get the cooper drums for the rear with built in spacers when budget allows, and the front will go wider with brake upgrade as far as i know.

as for height front is as low as it will go, it looks high but its partly due to the angle of pic, as ive said before the back cant go any lower unless i get shocks shortened, will just leave it as is until i can get new shocks a-la england.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, what the fuck is going on with my clutch?:

it is a new clutch plate, spring diaphram, release bearing, overhauled slave cylinder and standard master cylinder.

it is all installed correctly, and adjusted correctly. but it just refuses to let me down shift unles im basically at a standstill, have tried double clutching, triple clutching even doesnt work.

also, the clutch seems to work a hell of a lot better after a few pumps, why's this?

im beginning to question whether it is the master cylinder and i dont really want to spend $160 buck if i dont have to

yuh, its fine on upshift, but it wont let me downshift, no matter the revs

the slave cylinder doesnt seem to be throwing quite far enough so it could be the master cylinder, fucked if i know

was a mad thrash tho, cept for the gear clunking. disturbed a fuckload of people, no bonnet/grill in the middle of one of aucklands nicest suburbs.

well failed wof on a list of crap stuff...

starting to get into it...

Hanbrake braket got welded up today, will fix exahuast leak 2moro/weekend and then ins a bit of fucking round with a ball joint or 2 and a wheel bearing...

Apart from that i finally fixed the clutch = aws, took it for a good cane too, not running properly and it looks as though i need an earlier opening thermostat in there... But i want to rock a new radiator before too long anyway so might wait until then and see what shes like then

ill get there. maybe

yea i probably will just get new thermostat,

sandblasting... I didnt cover up the holes but i regret that now... DO IT!

just get in behind the dash and cover them with something like duct tape so it sticks on tight. any big holes cover with cardboard and duct tape... the mission to get all the sand out of the car = crap, could vacuum for days and still not get it all out. i thaught id got the majority of mine out and the first time i went out for a drive it all fell onto the dash from nowhere...