davidian

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fully, haven't put brgkes in, almost thouhh.. too drunk to care right now

uMMm/ forgot what I ewas gonna sayu\

stuff etc, week and half!?!? maybe/doubt it would love to come though, stupid parents car = mega on gas and I'm poor

I need to order some stupid window wiper bolts (tyhe bit that holds it up to the body/bulkhead part.. and flares

FFS :evil:

YUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

finally got my carb, tis makin as, will definitly be centre peice of engine bay, needs major clean up and i might get it rebuilt, fucked if i know what im gonna do about a filter, custom made ally job methinks. will have to wait and see how much space ive got

get rad tonight, excited, 4 core jobby, cost enough but is pretty much gaurenteed to keep things cool

Also, was having a chat to lynn rogers, sounds like my engine is going to be more race spec than i was thinking, which i actually dont mind.

there is a thread for the imp somewhere, as for the above, finding a brabus engine out of a smart car woul be near on impossible without buying a brabus smart car = 32000 compared to a 16-17000 dollar brand new busa...

as for the conversion, the busa shouldnt actually be that hard. I'd end up doing all the same stuff whichever engine i went with

• 3 months later...

Man this thing is sorted! Reading through the list of things done = drool. This is going to be SERIOUSLY quick. Won't it be hard to find 100 octane all the time?

Looks pretty good in the flesh too, matty B roof FTW 8)

Awesome mini boe :D

you wanna sell your trumpy yet??? need another car with left ignition... :lol:

Not yet boe. Trumpy = my steed. Left ignition FTW. Pretty much every time i get in i go to put the keys in the wrong side :oops:

Oh and by the way (off topic hard) but your matty b merc looked SO tuff. Love that interior. mean burgandy 8)

Pete dog, where did you get that cute little tacho from?

it came in the blue parts car that i got, i have no idea where its from, most likel;y repco or some stz, its completly unbranded so im not really sure

Man this thing is sorted! Reading through the list of things done = drool. This is going to be SERIOUSLY quick. Won't it be hard to find 100 octane all the time?

100 octane can be sourced in various places, such as some airfields, its not legal to put it straight into a car, meaning i can only go and fill up containers of it. its available at some petrol stations around the place, namely ones near to racetracks, but there are 2 different types of decent and not decent, the not decent stuff is basically stuff thats been sitting around airfeilds for too long and has 'gone off', im not sure on the price difference between the 2.

does it have a lsd after all that work?

no, an lsd would set me back close to another 700 dollars, and for a front tugging mini, i dont see it as that important. if the diff i has feels like shitting itself, then i may think differently, but the competition diff pin is said to hold up to a fair bit of grunt

went for a ride in my mates dads mini the otherday, rollcage race seats with harnesses ect. 96hp at the wheels, semi slicks, lsd ect ect. what a beast tourqe steers hard wheelspins in 2nd ect when u bury your foot. so cool 8)

the not decent stuff is basically stuff thats been sitting around airfeilds for too long and has 'gone off', im not sure on the price difference between the 2.

I remember someone telling me they used to buy 'first wash' kero (not entirely sure what for). Basically after they service 'copters they purge the fuel lines/tanks(?). I wonder if they do something similar with piston engines.