Gaz mk2 goat

Alfadog

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

bro that sucks hard. was that insurance valuations or a car dealer/classic car valuator? If it was just the insurance valuation you can still get a valuation from a car yard or classic car dealer.

It's not fair that you come out worse off here, it wasn't your fault and you shouldn't be out of pocket after this whole ordeal. Just keep at the insurance co (I gather it's the other guy's insurance co who is trying to stiff you?). Tell them to find you a Mk II Cortina in no worse condition than yours - once they realise they can't, maybe they'll pay out more.

what ever you do gaz dont fukin give in to them man

keep saying NO!!! and like others have said get as meny valuations as you can

and qoutes from panels shops for the cost of repairs.

and yeh tell them that if they can get you a mk2 cortina wof/cert/reg in the same

condition for $2000 you will take it ......fuck ill take it if they find 1.

good luck mate and chin up it wasnt your fault.

Valuation was from someone from a car yard on behalf of the insurance company, he was a good dude.

I am going to get this valuation from Karl, also maybe one from place Mk1mad mentions and also put togther all th costs I have incured building the car, all the mods, trademe actions showing actual market prices etc. Put it all togther as a case and aproach them again.

Guy came out today and looked at car to asses damage. He said that if it was him he would hussle them for more money and then take it along with the car. Then reshell the car. He said the chassis isnt bent but the roof nor gaurd will ever be as good as before without new ones welded in. He also didnt agree with the valuation.

Lets hope it gets better from here.,

Also, it is my insurance company that I am dealing with.

Guest vvega

you dont have tio take any offer yoru not happy with

if you can prove that car is worth a bizziloin dollars ...they will have to pay it...eventally

How do I prove it tho? There are no examples like it or near it on the market? Not many people go the route I went.

Gaz

just get any recipts you can ,auctions for shit you bought and dont froget bro your build is documented on here.

What about finding some articles in a mag like the british classic ford, they are bound to have mk2 build ups, stating the price and the blood sweet and tears the owners have put into them. I remember a while back the mag had one as their own project car. And they have heaps of prices and shit in the mag of both cars and car parts, even if it is in the pound.

What about making this a convert...

Guest spanners2

You sound so at peace with this man... kudos to you for keepin your cool

I wouldnt be able to write on here if it was me cos my tears would have shorted the keyboard out :cry:

What a sad sad day for the world of cortinas/fat cars

• 1 month later...

my sister had a similar problem about 4 years ago with her kp60. some cunt in a courier van cleaned her out, her car got written off (rightfully so, it was completely fucked) and their company offered her $500 to buy a new one. She got an independent valuation that came back surprisingly at $3500 due to her starlet being MINT less than 60km on the clock from memory, so she got paid out $3K, not bad considering it was before they were worth anything. You'll be right. Cant help but feel your pain tho bud.

Just shit news.

Insurance will give me $4500 for car.. (fair enuf, better than the original $3000 they offered)

BUT, they want me to pay $2250 for the car back...!! means I get $2250 to fix it.. It just cant be fixed for that..

Basically its sitting there while I fight with insurance wasting its WOF and Reg away.

If I was smart I guess I would get a rad and keep driving it.. I cant be arsed tho lol.