lowfreq you cunt

lowlancer

I hate to say it, but I don't like your chances of getting it certed with that stretch. Bit of a hard one really, you could put narrower wheels on but then your cert is no good once you put the wide ones back on. :?

Callum

interested to know why he wouldnt get cert.......?

If its done right, then it should be certable

Allan

There's generally a minimum recommended width for tyres onto wheels, with his tyres stretched how they are, they might not pass, I would hazard a guess that they're thinner than the recommended sizes for the width of rim.

They look badass and may well be safe as houses, the Euro boys have been stretching tyres for years, as have the Japanese and other than the camber chewing the tyres out, I've only ever heard hearsay about the dangers of it with no proof at all. However, the Gov't and things being as they are, some of the rules and laws in regards to cars are retarded. Sad fact of it all.

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok. consensus. i'll look into gettin her widened. who wants a spoiler? i can get a bunch made/quoted and ship to u all

im thinking 1450mm as generic size. go measure ur noses and let me know if thats cool

i read somewhere that mix tyre width for 10" is 235 - i cant find any 235/45/15 sizes.. so end of day im certing her with some 15" alloys that arent the steels, then swapping steels back on and risk it later. if anyone asks they still have 15x7JJ stamped on them so ignorance reigns

leme know bout generic spoiler width... my car is bout 1500 wide so 1450 should be ok... depends on other cars...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

not given up, just been.. distracted.

ordering a set of 15x8's from elite so i might swap to 8s front 9s rear to help with rub issues, clearances and so on. this will give me more tuck wich means lower ride = as it should be.

hang the 10s on the living room wall or something/sell to some keen as clown instead

found another corona with the same chrome surrounds so yeah they will be going back on. just need to sort out the rust probs etc thats the main thing. i'll swap suspension over on the weekend and then we'll see where we're at.

ah its nice to be back

Yeah its good to see that you're going to get back into it. I know stickers can be abit of a set back, especially the pink ones.

Theres afew cars that are coming along now and I know many of us are taking inspiration from this build, so that should give you a little motivation to get it back up and running asap.

If you're looking at certs talk to neil fraser in glenfield. He's good. Otherwise I look forward to seeing some nice 8's and 9's tucked under those guards and the car sitting on the ground, where it should be as you say :)

ps, don't say that only clowns will buy those wheels, chances are it will be someone on here! :lol: