lowfreq you cunt

lowlancer

lookin mint now man from when i last saw it :evil:, id def be keen for a parkup, along missions or something?

iv also finished my flares, but over bumps or with people in the the car, my tires hit the rear wheel tubs. will need to suss out some koni bump stops.

if your looking for custom springs go to snells, $180 for two custom rear springs, any height, spring rate.

give me a txt if you need a hand with the car/or cruise~

10/10 mang!

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Satin IS Matte.

Satin with a Clear Coat is Gloss or Semi-Gloss.

Do your bonnett in matte black with a clear coat sun on it. subtle to counteract the completely not subtle. Or just do it like your sig file, white or cream with that red angled stripe on it. OR 70's race colour layout.

Whatever you end up doing, it'll be awesome. The car has come up magic so far, I'm glad you stuck with those wheels, they've come up brilliantly.

I've spoken to a few people apprently not in the know, and they all say Satin and Matte are different. Looking at them, I certainly would think they are different finishes. Anyway, enough of the spammage of an awesome cars thread

True enough, I was just going to wait for avenger79 to come in and pwn me, but as you say.. onwards and upwards. I want to see more of the MarkII, you still got the Cressida Eliot? boso it.. now!

from my understanding,

matt = flat black, almost greyish colour, pourous surface, no sheen at all, fades to grey after a while, like the appearance of a used chalk board

satin = poor mans black, a semi sheen black that should mostly stay black, but without a thick gloss over it, sprayed lightly gives a rough finish, sprayed heavily results in a nice sheen/gloss, but too easy to under-do it in places and end up with patches of rough and patches of sheen

gloss = deep black with proper clear coat over the top. ideally what i want is flat black (non metallic) base, and lots of clear, so it looks rich and heavy as. problem is of course black shows up every irregularity due to the reflectivity.

so yeah end of day if i got that right then i guess satin will be way to go. aerosol cans or rent a compressor?

or just appliance white. or primer white with red band. red rising sun across hood or side of car may be too much.

maybe just do it like the sig.

gah i dunno. i'll think about it while sorting out the susp etc

keep quarrelling about the paint types its very amusing and also educational sometimes! :lol:

i was considering bronze tint, to go with the browny interior

feel free to photoslop the beast with some ideas

in fact, oldschool.co.nz photoslop design competition! winner of the competition gets his creation transferred for real onto the real thing!!!!! OMG SURVIVORS READY!? GO!!!!!!!